The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Cap Increase For Higher Level Missions

Hixlysss

I'm not saying double it or anything, but having two extra warframes with you on a tower 3 defense would be very very helpful, or even one extra. Admittedly this would be for more "endgame" stuff, and I'm going off of what i've seen in MMO's where you would go from being able to have a 4 man party, to being in a 20 man party fighting a massive and difficult boss.

Why doesn't warframe adopt this idea, somewhat. I'm not saying give us a 30 foot tall ancient for 10 tenno to fight, which would be pretty cool, but for say level 60+ maps, or if we want to get specific tower III maps, increase the player cap by about one or two. Near the end game it becomes MUCH more vital to have a specific warframe set up, such as needing someone to run energy siphon, and another one running say rejuvenation. On top of that having specific warframes is very vital, at some points if you don't have either a trinity or a group heal, you're screwed.

I understand they went with the 4 player limit for a reason, and I'm here to provide a decent reason as to why it should be increased for the more difficult tiers of missions. Warframe has what, 3 million players on it now? 3 million in total, and we are sorta stuck to playing with 3 friends at a time, it might be time to up the cap of players in a mission from 4 to 5, at the very least for the more difficult missions to make it just a little less...stressful.

Why doesn't warframe adopt this idea, somewhat.

Because the game is brand new (still in beta, if you haven't noticed) and they haven't gotten there yet.  There are also no dedicated servers, and for a lot of people hosting 3 other players is more than enough.

Perhaps it is due to the ping and latency of some users systems and connections. If that is the case then it would be nice if they set up a default level where you had to meet certain criteria to gain access. I have wanted to see some sort of division based on region and ping for a while now but it seems I still run into users that are picked as hosts despite the ability to actual host a decent mission.

I was in a Xini game yesterday with more than 30 ppl.

Everybody who joined Xini, ended up in the same game.

So this game can handle a lot more than 4 ppl.

Everybody spammed skills (esp Vauban's bounce and bastille) and i had 0 lags and it worked really smooth.

So looking forward to bigger groups and challenges

Edited by Luckyfer