Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] - Feral Wf - Cat Wf

Nasmodok

I'm loving the design of this frame, especially the helmet. I can't tell whether its a guy or girl though, maybe I'm just dumb. What powers beside the feral aspect would it have?

The  rather noticeable chesticles should give you a hint...

Personally I see it something like lizard with abilities like "Chameleon" or something.... Clearly can't see the cat part.

But though it is cool idea, I clearly see the tech problem: this warframe will have to have unique animation for pretty much every move and stance. It is pointless to do it for one frame only, so I can't see it in the game. Maybe series of feral frames, based on different animals, like a completely different class in far future...

Personally I see it something like lizard with abilities like "Chameleon" or something.... Clearly can't see the cat part.

But though it is cool idea, I clearly see the tech problem: this warframe will have to have unique animation for pretty much every move and stance. It is pointless to do it for one frame only, so I can't see it in the game. Maybe series of feral frames, based on different animals, like a completely different class in far future...

Nothing wrong with making new animations.

Aside from the fact it is pretty hard. We have only 2 weapons with reloading animations, no cloth animations like in trailers, no proper reloading animation for several weapons, and they also plan remake some old animations...

Yes, DE are not GamersFirst, who can't even hire animator for APB, but good animations are always hard.

Aside from the fact it is pretty hard. We have only 2 weapons with reloading animations, no cloth animations like in trailers, no proper reloading animation for several weapons, and they also plan remake some old animations...

Yes, DE are not GamersFirst, who can't even hire animator for APB, but good animations are always hard.

Well, maybe just an idle stance then.  They were talking about adding all different idle stances to give each WF more personality.  Bare minimum they could do the WF and idle stances and leave the rest like every other WF.  That'd be pretty slick, too.

I think this is actually the coolest fanframe concept ever posted, and I totally dig the sharky helmet. She could have alternate helmets that are other predatory animals, like an eagle beak or a boar snout with big tusks or something. its a really cool idea.

my only critique is that I think you've gone out of bounds with the way your frame model is rigged, you're asking too much in terms of normal animations.

All frames share the same rigging points, meaning that all their weapon poses, weapon animations, and stowed weapon positions are universal, they're the same on every frame. (with the exception of the bow quivers for Paris/dread, i think. They're rigged individually by frame) When you strip away the character of the frame down to the model rigging, taking out the abilities, the stats, and the aesthetics, all the frames share the same programing skeleton, the sidearms are always on the thighs, the primary is always on the back, etc.

Your design, while TOTALLY BADASS, is trying to reinvent the wheel. You can't custom rig the whole model for every animation, she has to stand upright and shoot straight and use all the animations like a normal tenno. If every tenno had unique animations for every weapon, then we'd still only have 3 warframes instead of a dozen. Sometimes we just can't have nice things.

Your challenge is to design your abilities so that they bring out her feral power, not her passive animations. The passive animations will always be the same, the tenno's character is expressed in the unique animations of their abilities.

Your challenge is to design your abilities so that they bring out her feral power, not her passive animations. The passive animations will always be the same, the tenno's character is expressed in the unique animations of their abilities.

In one of the livestreams they said they were doing custom idle stances to give them personality.  That's not something we're suggesting. 

It gives the opportunity to explore these options.  ^_^

Edit: Here's the livestream.  They talk about it at 12:59 and this link should seed right to it.

http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=12m59s

Edited by Nasmodok

I definitely like the idea of a more feral-looking Warframe with a cat vibe. The all fours thing might work as an ability or perhaps an idle, but I'd imagine not so much outside of those possibilities. Great stuff, SUMA.

Edit: If this does become a thing, I'd also probably have to build it considering my name. Just realized that right now.

Edited by Red-Lynx

I definitely like the idea of a more feral-looking Warframe with a cat vibe. The all fours thing might work as an ability or perhaps an idle, but I'd imagine not so much outside of those possibilities. Great stuff, SUMA.

Edit: If this does become a thing, I'd also probably have to build it considering my name. Just realized that right now.

i agree, i think a combination of the skills and the idle stance and the look should present a very feral feel the wf. they could always add say a sprint animation if there were more that could use it added in the future.

a more polished version, hope ya'll enjoy. :)

3p1k.jpg

That's sick O_O

Though you're moving towards a mix between Volt (with the extra bits on the armor + the glowy eyes) and Ash (with the helmet and exposed spine). Though that's really only a thing when viewed in strict profile, so I think we're fine on that :3

Yeah, I know this is just a refined version of your sketch. It's just that you can't tell the "ears" as easily from the profile :P So it seems more like a standard helmet.<br /><br />You going to do a refined version of the fullbody? :D :D :D