Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception and Affinity

SpoonyBrad

This might should be in general, but one thing that makes me avoid interceptions is that the control points are usually spread out so far that you aren't in affinity sharing range of other Tenno. Teamwork is, of course, critical to the game, but interception seems to specifically favor being very spread out. Perhaps the affinity sharing radius should be buffed for these missions?

37 minutes ago, SpoonyBrad said:

This might should be in general, but one thing that makes me avoid interceptions is that the control points are usually spread out so far that you aren't in affinity sharing range of other Tenno. Teamwork is, of course, critical to the game, but interception seems to specifically favor being very spread out. Perhaps the affinity sharing radius should be buffed for these missions?

It used to be buffed, and we'd all scatter to the 4 winds to each take a separate point and hold it alone, so the whole teamwork thing wasn't present there either.

I agree with @SpoonyBrad. Used to be buffed, now playing interception in the way is supposed to be played (1 player for 1 spot) penalizes you. This encourge players not staying on their stations or not playing interception at all (with 1 exception).

Edited by DLz47

1 hour ago, UltimateGrr said:

It used to be buffed, and we'd all scatter to the 4 winds to each take a separate point and hold it alone, so the whole teamwork thing wasn't present there either.

Players still do this routinely, at least in my experience; they just don't get nearly as much affinity as a defense or mobile defense could award. "Teamwork" doesn't mean always staying tightly clustered; team sports routinely have the concept of "playing positions". You could have a Rhino or Nidus playing defense, where they barely need to move in order to hold away all comers to their point, while a Nezha or Volt plays more like a mid-fielder (to use soccer/football terms), sprinting madly from point to point to reinforce whoever is in trouble. The interception mission type doesn't really have a role for "offense" (partial exception at low levels when an Ember can just annihilate everything by walking around), but you're essentially punished for even playing the mission type unless it's an alert or sortie with a really, really good reward.