The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to buff Twirling Spire while it's fresh

Epsik-kun

First things first, I'm grateful for the new polearm stance. Finally, I get to poke stuff with a pointy stick! Thank you very much.

The stance looks very good, the variety in combos is quite amusing, except maybe for the Back combo being expectedly useless. The only thing that bothers me is the fact the damage output of this stance equals to about a half of the damage output of Shimmering Blight. Mainly due to Twirling Spire being excessively slow in comparison. To be honest, it's kind of a let down that a new stance - a rare (assumingly?) reward from a high (relatively?) level bounty is a weak option objectively. And, given, Shimmering while being a powerful stance on its own is still far from being a top dog in comparison to other melee stances (even for weapons with higher overall stats) it seems like the problem is not Shimmering Blight being too powerful but Twirling Spire being too weak.

Assuming the slowness of the stance is fully intentional, I would suggest doubling its current damage coefficients across all strikes in all combos. Doing so will put Twirling Spire roughly on the same level as Shimmering Blight without powercreeping the latter as it'll still have its advantages of having the same/slightly higher damage output, much better mobility, and better synergy with status-proc focused builds with a downside of having less combo variety, and higher usage difficulty.

Edited by Epsik-kun