Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Cryopods Leveled Like Frames During Defence?

LasersGoPewPew

Yeah this is a great idea. There's always some sort of leeway in defense-type games where the objective can take a small amount of abuse, regardless of the wave level. In Warframe this is almost non-existant because the pod would almost certainly get one-shotted at high levels.

I was just complaining about this the other day to my friends, were you listening in maybe? Ha.

But yes, I think this would be something very important to consider, because everything scales up at higher levels. If the objective is weaker than a piece of paper, then a defense mission starts feeling like a babysitting mission, which is hardly fun.

I can see cryopods making sense both way.

Static Cryopod:

-This makes sense lorewise since they are effectively the same type of pod in every defense mission. There is no reason to have some pods with more armor and some with less. Every cryopod should then have the same survivability. That being said, it should be as high as possible since everyone is important.

Scaling Cryopod:

-This makes more sense for a game since every defense mission would start with the same base difficulty; thus, letting the difficulty be modulated by the amount/type of enemies present in the map. If the map has more heavy enemies, then the cryopod would be spawned with the appropriate shields/armor/health. The players wouldn't have to unnecessarily worry about a mob one-shotting the cryopod.

Both ways have their merits.

Edited by Aizeol

That'd be pretty cool actually. Make it so they get EXP killed in a certain range. This kills two problems: one hit KO on the pod and defense heroes who wander off because no the problem is less "MAH EXPS" and more "dude, the pod will die later if you don't give it exp" They could even have fun with it and maybe on later levels as it gets stronger it develops better defenses of its own.