Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I Want Doesn't Drop Often Enough, Omg Just Give It To Me!

Pekku

You do realize that complaining like that just makes you worse than anyone who complains? It makes your argument irrelevant because it proves that you don't care about anyone who has a barely different opinion than your's. You, sir, are the "whinerbaby".

That wasn't a complaint. I was poking at the whinerbabies.

As to the rest of your post, whether it was aimed at me or not...

Farming is not fun. It is a repetitive way to pad out hours, which is not something everyone has, and it does nothing to improve Warframe, a vibrant game with massive content and potential for even greater and engaging content.

Farming may not be "fun". But it's not something that has ever, in any game, been designed to be fun. It's there to delay content and substantiate the game. There is no way to make farming fun. I'll also tell you right now, that if this game changes to give everything up on a silver platter(which is what this whole discussion is about), I'll leave. Gameplay mechanics like that absolutely turn me off from a game. Hell I think the farm is too easy in this game for the better gear. Why are dread, despair, and hate only requiring 5k of their respective resources? We all know that they are better alternatives to the same weapon type, they should cost substantially more(20-30k) so that when you see someone that has it, not only do you know that they got lucky enough to have the bp drop, but they also put in a significant amount of time to get it crafted.

I miss the days of old when I spent days of in-game playtime farming materials in order to craft a minor stat boost item. When you saw someone walking around with this gear you could respect the amount of time they put into the game. If you let the whinerbabies get their way, you can't respect anything about a person for attaining anything outside of event items(primed chamber for example, which you won't know they have unless they tell you).

Just because not everyone has the time to farm, doesn't mean they can't still attain items. DE has made it fairly easy for those people if they're willing to pay for it. You may not have 20 hours a week to play, but I'm sure you have $5 sitting around that you could drop on the game for whatever weapon you want. And no, you can't use the argument that money is tight, because if $5 is breaking you, you'd be better off selling your computer than letting it add to your electric bill.

Drop rates are relatively alright, most issues that are had with them are from either glitches (Darn pits gettin' mah drops), or from the sheer number needed for one small thing.

There are only 2 types of requirements that have any remotely high number, that's 5k of common resources or 10 of a rare(primes). Which both can be taken out in a single afternoon if you have the time. That's not a lot by any standard.

Even if farming is the avenue to experiencing more content, that's ok. But farming should not lead to more farming. It's a vicious circle that is used to perpetuate gameplay without adding anything new. But we have constant new things, constant updates, and we're still in beta.

I don't know about you, but I completely lose interest in a game when I have nothing left to do in it. Farming leading to more farming is a great thing for me, I wish there was more. Once I've done everything there is to do, and have everything there is to get, there is nothing a game offers anymore other than a flashy chatroom service. And that applies to every game out there, not just Warframe.

The levels of farming presented for a small clan when clans were first released was all wrong. THe way they are now are excellent. That's the kind of direction we need.

Are you serious? I personally supplied all the materials for building every section of our dojo and supplied everything needed for the research myself for my shadow clan(10-29 members). How is that excellent? That's a joke. It should have taken a lot more than what I had sitting around, especially considering how little I play this game. Ghost or whatever the 1-9 is called should require at least 5x what it does now, and shadow 3x that(so 5x what it does now). I wouldn't have been able to solo supply that, and i would have required at least 2 other active-ish players to get anything accomplished. Which quite frankly is still too low. Shadow clan should actually require 10x what ghost does, mountain 5x that, and moon 20x that. Clan prices are a joke to accomplish for the amount of people in each bracket. If you honestly think they're in a good place, then I'm ranking you in at spoiled whinerbaby. When one slightly inactive player can fully supply the needs of an entire shadow clan, there is a serious problem.

Edited by Ghobe

I think what people fail to realize in their farming-induced rage is that farming is what Warframe is all about. That's why I mentioned core gameplay mechanics. You farm to get Warframe A, so you can farm more easily for Weapon X, which allows you to farm Weapon Y, which in turn helps farm Warframe B, and it goes on. A new shiny weapon? Farming is the journey, the weapon itself is the reward, you may or may not need this weapon to progress at all. It's a trophy.

If you ask for everything to readily drop it's like taking a shortcut to the ending, except there's nothing for you in this ending. This is why farming is a neccesary evil for the game right now. For me I don't really care what's on the horizon, I'm in it for the space ninja/viking/G.I.Joe combat experience. If I have to farm another goddamn 10 Orokin Cells so be it, at least I'm not another half naked Elf picking berries from shrubs and skinning squirrels.

EDIT: Grammar.

The problem here is that the skinner box is pretty badly calibrated.

See, the fun of farmgames like Borderlands and Diablo is that tons of loot drops all the time. And sure, the amount of useful loot is actually about as low as Warframe's if not lower, but you feel like you're making progress way faster. It's more entertaining to get 1000 drops of which 10 are useful than 15 useful drops, 85 trash drops, and nothing else.

I don't know about you, but I completely lose interest in a game when I have nothing left to do in it. Farming leading to more farming is a great thing for me, I wish there was more. Once I've done everything there is to do, and have everything there is to get, there is nothing a game offers anymore other than a flashy chatroom service. And that applies to every game out there, not just Warframe.

I think you and I have a different approach to video gaming. I play games to finish them. I want to complete a game, then put it back onto the shelf and start a new one. I want to experience all the mechanics, art, and narrative that all these awesome studios are putting out there.

Games that I can't finish make me nervous. They make my backlog pile up, and they make me feel like I'm not "getting" the studio's vision for the game. The last game I failed to finish was Diablo III, and it left an awful taste in my mouth. I don't want Warframe to be the same way.

I think you and I have a different approach to video gaming. I play games to finish them. I want to complete a game, then put it back onto the shelf and start a new one. I want to experience all the mechanics, art, and narrative that all these awesome studios are putting out there.

Games that I can't finish make me nervous. They make my backlog pile up, and they make me feel like I'm not "getting" the studio's vision for the game. The last game I failed to finish was Diablo III, and it left an awful taste in my mouth. I don't want Warframe to be the same way.

I think you approach single player and co-op games correctly, but not mmos. MMOs are known for being ever-evolving and never ending. Different mentality needed.

In essence all MMOs are co-ops. The difference is that MMOs don't end. Right now we have the Sol system composed of 13 planets, 219 missions, and 3 factions(excluding the void and stalker). They've already told us that the game does not end here. New systems and planets will be introduced, even new factions. The current system may not even be the end of the first chapter of the story. Also, since the game is so grindy, it helps to cement the idea that this game is an mmo, since that is another ingredient to form the essence of an mmo. It also wouldn't surprise me if they continue to work on this game forever since they've moved from being told what to do by a publisher, to being a self-employed indie studio and thus only have the power to apply attention to a single game, and this is their baby, their dream game.

I don't mind the grind and farmfest of now, they need to make it interesting though by polishing their mechanics and AI, they need to finish the core part of the game right now and show us what is out there, for us to check out next and that is something I want to support, but if the only things we see added is more farming. People will most likely leave, as I've seen ppl do this already.

And Ghobe, don't insult the people you agree with, calling them names and such. It doesn't help the conversation.