Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levelling Frames, Weapons Etc. - Please Provide More Information About Mission Difficulty

Yggdrazzil

Say I have a level 0 Volt, with a level 13 dread, level 10 despair and level 5 dual zoren and level 3 shade. Which mission should I go play for my ability set to be useful, where the enemies provide enough xp to make it worthwhile to kill them, but not so difficult that it's impossible to survive the mission? And what if it's a level 5 Ember with a level 19 braton, 30 twin vipers and 5 Glaive instead? And what if it's a level 30 banshee with brand new rank 0 HEK, rank 0 Seer and rank 0 Orthos?

A clearer difficulty indication based on my frame and weapon loadout after selecting a mission would be useful. Just showing enemy level range doesn't tell me enough.

As a result, everyone just runs Kappa and the like now, being carried by 3 others getting 100K mission xp per run, For me, that's not a satisfying way to level stuff at all.

If there's some kind of rule of thumb floating around for determining mission succes I'd love to hear it.

If it were that easy, wouldn't it take a lot of fun out of it? Your skills in this game can't be earned according to some mathmagical chart. Victory is NEVER going to be a set percentile chance.

As for your two scenarios, here is a couple tips: Always go by the Frame first, and never take all three low rank weapons at once, if you can help it.  Your frame is the most powerful weapon you have, learn to rely on it even before your other weapons, that way you will never be truly out of options. As for the Weapons, your frame should be able to handle itself pretty well no matter what rank the weapons are, but even so, Take at least one of your best/highest level weapons with you, just in case something unforeseeable happens, so you will always have a fallback weapon. With me, the Dual Zorens are my fallback.

And what if you stop looking at numbers and see if things die when you left-click? Maybe move the mouse around to point at those bubbles above shoulders, too.

And what's wrong with a failure now and then? Practice makes perfect, you can't possibly expect to never fail EVARR, that's not how good games work.

Edited by BeerDone

I just want to say that when you can't find a group, when you solo the missions should have a difficulty setting when your playing.  Its no fun when you get killed because the mobs are realy hard and you die a lot mostly for ppls that can fight well in shooters.  They sould make it a bit easyer or have a difficulty setting on how you want to fight when soloing.

I just want to say that when you can't find a group, when you solo the missions should have a difficulty setting when your playing.  Its no fun when you get killed because the mobs are realy hard and you die a lot mostly for ppls that can fight well in shooters.  They sould make it a bit easyer or have a difficulty setting on how you want to fight when soloing.

If the mobs are really hard to you, then you should either 1: Get Better or 2: Go back to fighting easier mobs till you can again, Get Better.

The big problem with a lot of people, in both solo and online play, is that they try to play Warframe like a side scrolling game....They play one mission, then the next, then the next, and so on. If you do it like that, you are going to hit a wall at some point, where the difficulty is raising faster than your skill level. I find this Wall to be somewhere around the middle of the Earth missions. My advice to most people just starting is to clear out Mercury, then run it all again. Then move on to Venus, clearing it out and running it again. By playing them twice, it seems to level you and your equipment up at just about the right rate compared to the difficulty.

If it were that easy, wouldn't it take a lot of fun out of it? Your skills in this game can't be earned according to some mathmagical chart. Victory is NEVER going to be a set percentile chance.

As for your two scenarios, here is a couple tips: Always go by the Frame first, and never take all three low rank weapons at once, if you can help it.  Your frame is the most powerful weapon you have, learn to rely on it even before your other weapons, that way you will never be truly out of options. As for the Weapons, your frame should be able to handle itself pretty well no matter what rank the weapons are, but even so, Take at least one of your best/highest level weapons with you, just in case something unforeseeable happens, so you will always have a fallback weapon. With me, the Dual Zorens are my fallback.

Heh we meet again, you are really active on this forum :) Thanks for the advice man! Very useful and much appreciated!

And what if you stop looking at numbers and see if things die when you left-click? Maybe move the mouse around to point at those bubbles above shoulders, too.

And what's wrong with a failure now and then? Practice makes perfect, you can't possibly expect to never fail EVARR, that's not how good games work.

And what if you approach someone's question without that condescending attitude? If you can't at least maintain a neutral attitude, you should not be responding to people in the first place. It's not as if you are contributing anything useful.