Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Balance Everything?

General-Griffin

Why balance all the weapons in game? At the moment all there is to do is grind and grinding for side grades doesn't interest me, not that all weapons are side grades but people seem to want them to be and I don't get it. I  don't have a latron prime and I don't see the point in all that work at the moment personally considering how many people are calling for it to get a nurf because it makes latron prime "obsolete"... I don't get why they just add prime on to the end because that insinuates that it is a better version where as if they just called it another name  or something it would have been a different weapon and could have been the weapon it was based on.

Unless were going to get attachments for weapons to add negatives and positives it isn't a game of consequence...You just get a new weapon and level it using your uber mods. I don't mind it at the moment and I still will play obviously but don't get the point of this game at the moment. 

wat? I'm a bit lost, their should be balance such as no one gun should be the best, but a Prime should be better then the regular as it is harder to get. Personal I would like to see a downside to the Primes maybe longer reload time or something small.

Also by renaming the weapons? as in the Latron Prime should be like LatronA2 like the M16A1 to the A4 model?

Edited by dadgoat

I'm the kind of person who wants to master every weapon. Balance is good because then I won't slog too long ranking underpowered weapon A, or breeze through levelling overpowered weapon B. Imagine levelling a Lato after getting a Bolto. Or being forced to use a UP weapon A because that's the only thing you have, when everyone is absolutely killing everything else with OP weapon B.

The weapon > weapon Prime situation is silly.

Of course I'll max out a non-prime weapon, even though it's Prime equivalent is better. It's all for sweet, sweet mastery.

It's not like I can get the Primes easily anyways.

I have a Frost and Latron maxed/potatoed when they revealed the Prime versions. Am I mad that all my hard work is 'pointless'? Nope. I'll just sell my Frost and Latron once I get the Primes, and keep those instead. Of course that's just my view as someone who already has, and maxed those weapons. I also potatoed my Fang, Paris, Dual Bronco.

How boring would it be to level a stock Latron, when you already have the Prime version potatoed, maxed, and modded out the wazoo? The only logical answer for me is to simply not get the Primes, until after I've maxed the normal, boring version.

DE plan to introduce various league tables to the game; this introduces competition, and there is no such thing as fair competition without balance, but they have also designed the game with longevity in mind which means a tiered approach to weapon design. Why so many in this community cannot work this out for them selves and need to have it spelt out, beggars belief.

Balance doesn't mean make everything equal. Balancing here will make each weapon have a purpose because right now there is plenty of obsolete weapons.

Rhorge nailed it.

Balance is needed to counter-act power creeping, an almost inevitable trend in gaming when introducing new content.