Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution to Cetus (and Relay) issues

Hrodgrim

First and foremost, I'm not sure that this is the proper board for this post. If it isn't, move it to wherever it needs to be. Onto the meat.

After entering Cetus a few times and encountering that enormous lag spike, I took the liberty of restarting my machine after entering Cetus instances with various population and making note of how slow the computer got. As one might expect, the lower the population in the town was, the easier it was on the computer. This got me thinking, instead of having to make new infrastructure for solo relays/towns, what could work in its stead would be player model culling. It's as simple as setting an (user configurable) amount of players that can be loaded, ideally as low as 8 as to not interfere with trials or missions in any way. Any players exceeding this amount would simply not be loaded. This wouldn't affect chat functions or anything of the sort. When the machine doesn't have to struggle to load ~50 players at the same time, who are considerably more complex than NPCs, the lag should be a thing of the past. 

As it currently sits, I generally have to restart the game every time I enter Cetus, no matter what my graphical settings are on. The relays aren't quite as bad, but I still have to restart after every few times in them. 

Yes I agree we NEED a way to lower the amount of players we can see in Cetus right now it's to damn huge and it's kill my computer (I bought it this year so it shouldn'tt have problems like this) right now I am afraid to enter Cetus because it crash my game 3/4 of the time when I am in the town for more then 5 min. Also I experience a lot of network issues in game and not only in the Plains but on normal missions like a lot since the PoE update I didn't have network issues this many time in the game till PoE but I don't know if I can fix that on my end or it's need a other patch.