The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Feeling A Little Lackluster Since Enemies Got Buffed In U9.....

Biotic_Commando

Question

It feels like when you use the paris (maxed out at 30), against enemies about lvl 35 or higher the paris becomes pretty much useless?

What mods should i use to improve it?

Right now i'm using:

speed trigger

Point strike

And a few elemental mods

What builds do you guys use for the paris?

Edited by Biotic_Commando

21 answers to this question

+ Damage and AP Damage is a must i think.

It feels like when you use the paris (maxed out at 30), against enemies about lvl 35 or higher the paris becomes pretty much useless?
What mods should i use to improve it?
Right now i'm using:
speed trigger
Point strike
And a few elemental mods

What builds do you guys use for the paris?

Serration, Armor Piercing, 

dude , max out Serration and AP then put it in your Paris . I suggest you should use freeze mod only , then add multishot to it and then finally Vital Sense and Point Strike max should the the trick . Add a touch of thunderbolt for maximum effects and voila , you got yourself 1 powerful Paris that's ready for lv 100+ enemy :) ! good luck

Mods can be moved between weapons. Remove the serration from your Boltor and put it on your Paris. From there upgrade your armor pierce mod. Against higher level mobs, elemental mods drop off in usefulness while armor pierce scales alot better. Depending on the level of your crit mods, I would suggest put them on aswell. Large numbers are always win and crit mods do very well on sniper class weaps.

dude , max out Serration and AP then put it in your Paris . I suggest you should use freeze mod only , then add multishot to it and then finally Vital Sense and Point Strike max should the the trick . Add a touch of thunderbolt for maximum effects and voila , you got yourself 1 powerful Paris that's ready for lv 100+ enemy :) ! good luck

Thunderbolt on higher level isnt even worth it. It will be fun on lower level stuff of course, but the higher you go, the less useful thunderbolt is. Even with Max Multishot, it only adds 500 damage.

Thunderbolt on higher level isnt even worth it. It will be fun on lower level stuff of course, but the higher you go, the less useful thunderbolt is. Even with Max Multishot, it only adds 500 damage.

Meh , just for funs :) ! I still add it to my Paris for fun , but it has a AoE effects that can dmg multiple enemies , not alot but more of a visual effects

Meh , just for funs :) ! I still add it to my Paris for fun , but it has a AoE effects that can dmg multiple enemies , not alot but more of a visual effects

Im going to Puzzle the dread , so that i can put Thunderbolt on anyway....because like you said, It is definitely fun :)

Thunderbolt builds are generally pretty bad, because TB is designed very poorly.

1) When explosion triggers, the damage is fixed at 250, unmoddable. This is pitiful damage for mid-late game.

2) The explosion damage overrides your direct hit damage. so if you had it all nicely modded to do say +200% total, A dread or Paris prime would do 450 damage on a charged attack, much of it ignores armor. The explosion will in fact decrease your direct damage by a LOT. Did I mention that TB is horrible mid-late game?

3) It conflicts with charged attack style, as to trigger explosive you need to spam it. You will run out of ammo fast.

4) 2+3 above together makes a TB bow less effective against lone tough targets. Whereas normally you'd charge shot it, TB will mess up your charged shot here and there. TB bow is horrible vs boss and higher level tough enemies... compared to a non-TB bow.

5) Hit detection is extremely wonky with TB explosion, often times if you get a direct hit on an enemy and trigger explosion at the same time, no AoE damage is dealt, sometimes no damage is dealt to anything period. Basically to get the most out of explosion you do not want to hit any enemy with the arrow. (This may have been fixed, I don't know, someone more updated can fill you in)

6) So to get most out of explosion, you don't want to hit any enemy directly... but when the explosion don't trigger, the shot is wasted. Throw multi-shot on top and you waste even more potential damage, and lack focus when a double shot rolls 1 explosion and 1 direct hit.

There is honestly a negative synergy with thunderbolt and bow. And really, a fixed low damage 10m explosion that can hurt yourself isn't all that attractive at all.

For AoE fix, stick to abilities... and later on there's Ogris...

Edited by finalgenesis