The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimum Specs For A Laptop To Run Warframe Well?

Lysander26

Question

My sweet gaming laptop has died on me, and now I've been left in the lurch and cannot get my Warframe fix.

I've been looking at new computer hardware, and basically decided that I'd like to try to hold off a year to build a desktop gaming rig, so I'm looking for a stopgap measure to last about a year and will play Warframe (and hopefully other current generation games) well. 

So these are my questions:

1. Does anyone out there manage to Warframe on Integrated Graphics?! I'm not looking for every single bell and whistle, but is there a chipset that could provide a smooth low-settings playing experience.

2. Are there any current deals that anyone would recommend for me? My budget is about $600 roughly. 

8 answers to this question

The minimum system requirements are:

CPU: intel core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+

RAM: 2 GB RAM

VGA: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

DX: 9.0c

HDD: 2 GB HD space

Network: Broadband Internet Connection

There is a difference between minimum and well.

The machine I'm currently posting on can technically run Warframe, but its not a "fun" experience at all, hence the question, what is the minimum that people are running it "well" at.

The only integrated graphics likely to run Warframe with any playability is Intel's new Iris Pro, or the top end AMD A10 APUs, and even these will not likely be ideal. The high-end Iris Pro parts are also hideously expensive.

600 dollars is really tight for a laptop with respectable graphics. Your options will improve dramatically if you can push that budget to the 750-800 dollar range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663 - least expensive with anything resembling respectable graphics. CPU is on the slow end, however.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314181 - very similar GPU performance, and a notably faster CPU. I still wouldn't expect miracles out of it, but Warframe should at least be solidly playable.

Everyone's opinion of running WF "well" is different. I'm fine with it running at 20fps. Many people aren't.

With the latest integrated graphics you could  probably get WF up to 40 fps(possibly higher) with everything off.

Edited by trying

I have it running on integrated graphics

I am using a laptop/tablet hybrid called the thinkpad twist, which would probably outside of your price range, unless you get it on sale.

The specs are 4gb ram, Intel i5 processor, intel hd 4000 graphics, I don't use an ssd but there is a micro-ssd for caching which helps speed up some stuff.

You can probably find a computer with these specs or probably higher for around your price range.

I do run everything on low though, and it works pretty well.

Medium gets quite laggy sometimes, but low works great.

Edited by FiendFyre

I run it fine on my laptop.

I have two laptops

Laptop 1:

i7 3630QM

GTX 670M

12GB RAM

WIN 8

35-45FPS on Medium with AA

Laptop 2:

i7 4900MQ

GTX 770M

16GB RAM

Win 8

60FPS Stable on Max Gfx

Lysander26, on 30 Jul 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Update: After selling my doorstop/paperweight for $300, I was able to swing this sweet piece of swag http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231045, and its now currently in the mail.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

^^^^

That's my Laptop 1, except I have the 670M and a SSD

Edited by JoshRawrrs1