Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapon Should I Build Next?

wes1099

Question

So i have a Braton, a Lato, and a Cronus and the only frame i have is excalibur but i am collecting rhino and banshee blueprints. What should i build next? For secondary i was thinking a viper or kunai/hikou, and for melee i was thinking dual heat swords, but it would be nice if someone could give me some reccomendations that would be great.

Edited by Slim-Jim

13 answers to this question

just check the wiki, comments about it there and choose weapons depending on your play style or needs. For example try to collect weapons suited for different tasks. For boss killing, crowd control, infested, grineer.

For secondary, I can't recommend Kunai enough. Loved them since I first picked them up. For melee, if you want the dual-wield style, I'd personally recommend Dual Ethers. For primary, there's just so many options, but your Braton is a good all-rounder for now if you wanna keep that while you build and level a new secondary and melee weapon.

There are a ton of builds you can do. For example, if you want a sniper build, get some sort of long range weapon (ie a bow) and the compliment that get a close range sidearm like the Broncos, and a fast hitting melee weapon like fangs.

All in all, whichever you choose, a balanced build is the best build.

I would recommend crafting your Lato into a Bolto, even if just for Master rank. It will have less range, but at the same time will ignore the armor of almost all enemies.

Kunai deal Physics Impact damage, which ignores armor like the Bolto. The Hikou has less base damage, but it both ignores armor and deals triple damage to light Infested, and slightly more damage to Infested Crawlers. Kunai would seem to be more specialized than the Hikou, at the cost of dealing less damage to light Infested.

From personal experience, I'll recommend the Kunai. I haven't used the Hikou yet, so I have no idea how they handle off paper.

EDIT: Also, the Hikou are cheaper to craft. And the Kunai are Mastery Rank 2.

Edited by Evex_Wolfwing