The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PoE lags when I enter

makary

When I start out in PoE I lag a ton then it smothens out . Why is this? Warframe claimed it was tested on Windows xp . I turned everything off in the display section and this still accurs

Edited by makary

Not a bug, that's intentional.

When you go through that gateway the game limits itself to 30 fps to load assets in quicker. As you can imagine loading in a full open world area takes a bit of time. With the way game rendering works it loads quicker with a capped fps. Reason for that is when you're on a loading screen the game would usually shoot up to ridiculously high fps which would take up more resources on your system rendering those frames than actually loading in the level.

So when the engine is done loading everything in it simply uncaps it again to you can enjoy the usual smooth fps

Hope that explains it well enough.

On 24.10.2017 at 8:32 AM, Zenviscerator said:

Not a bug, that's intentional.

When you go through that gateway the game limits itself to 30 fps to load assets in quicker. As you can imagine loading in a full open world area takes a bit of time. With the way game rendering works it loads quicker with a capped fps. Reason for that is when you're on a loading screen the game would usually shoot up to ridiculously high fps which would take up more resources on your system rendering those frames than actually loading in the level.

So when the engine is done loading everything in it simply uncaps it again to you can enjoy the usual smooth fps

Hope that explains it well enough.

No reason to limit framerate when fetching data from local storage is done by the CPU while loading levels, not the GPU, and no, load percentage is not capped and so again, no reason to limit framerate.
Aside from that it definitely ruins the smooth experience you'd otherwise have.

Edited by Qianna

On 10/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, Qianna said:

No reason to limit framerate when fetching data from local storage is done by the CPU while loading levels, not the GPU

You still have to render that framerate. So yes, actually, there is.

Take a look at this video on the difference in load times in csgo. Same kind of concept and look at the difference in load times when capping at lower framerates.

Your CPU has to push out those frames to be rendered to your GPU. SO yes, there is a difference when you go to load a level and capping framerate. Same reason why we cap at 30 when you are loading into any level, it speeds up load times. 

12 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

You still have to render that framerate. So yes, actually, there is.

Take a look at this video on the difference in load times in csgo. Same kind of concept and look at the difference in load times when capping at lower framerates.

Your CPU has to push out those frames to be rendered to your GPU. SO yes, there is a difference when you go to load a level and capping framerate. Same reason why we cap at 30 when you are loading into any level, it speeds up load times. 

I'm talking about reasonable framerate where it doesn't have to push 5 or 15 the times of frame as in the video. I can only imagine the pain of those folks with 120/144/240 panels. Quality comes with trade-offs, and it should at least be a toggle option, just for those lads who don't want to see the horrid lagfest.