Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes To Wyrm's Arsenal

Paradoxbomb

Having recently built and tested out the Wyrm sentinel, I have to agree with the majority that his current abilities are kind of useful, but they don't stand out enough or provide as much utility as just getting Dethcube and smearing your enemies' entrails across the floor. So I'd like to suggest some reworks to his abilities to emphasize his role as a Crowd control and offense/defense hybrid.

New Weapon: Stun Grenade- Presently, Wyrm's laser rifle is not his strong point: It only deals 3 damage a shot, is single target, and is outperformed in both range and DPS by Dethcube's machine gun. I believe instead of a single target rifle, Wyrm should be given a grenade launcher. Mind you it will not be a high damage weapon, maybe only 25 damage and with a low rate of fire. However, it's strong points would be a very wide radius and innate knockback. Combine this with element mods and Wyrm has the ability to stun, shock, burn and freeze entire groups of enemies in a single shot, something even Dethcube can't do.

Crowd Dispersal Upgrade- The current Crowd Dispersal is a lot more useful with it's visual cue and the fact that it, well, works now, though I feel as though the slight stagger is a bit underwhelming since a jump attack can do the same amount of staggering and even have better range/knock them off their feet.

My suggestion is to improve upon the defensive qualities of this ability by having it constantly generate a proximity around the player, indicated by a shockwave-esque blue circle. As long as the Wyrm Sentinel is alive, the player, along with any teammates standing within this circle will have all ranged attack damage reduced by 20-25% (max level), improving survivability in tight crowds. Any enemy that crosses over this blue circle will be electrocuted, stunning them for several seconds rather than just staggering them. Obviously the range and stun duration would have to be improved for players to not have to stand within a foot of each other (and just to improve the stun's range).

It'd also be nice if CD didn't require more than one enemy to work, I know it's called Crowd Dispersal but still. A cooldown time would've sufficed.

Edited by Paradoxbomb