Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas/Suggestions for Future Open Zones

(XBOX)iDEATH

Sitting here waiting for PoE to get to consoles has left me with some time to ponder what open areas i'd personally like to see in the future. I offer my thoughts here, maybe something DE can take some inspiration from? Never know without putting it out there, right?

Mars: western done Warframe? I mentioned this in another post, but I'll include it here again for completeness. Mars as a stand in for Arizona/New Mexico, canyons and mesas to zip down in our archwings. I kind of envision it as a more linear sort of level, stretched out in longer, thinner line, like a river valley, perhaps something like one of the martian canals? Bonus points if Mesa Prime releases with it!

Ceres: I'm kind of into the idea of a huge junkyard, something that ranges from piles of scrap to something like that huge aircraft boneyard in Arizona. The hub area could be like scrappers and salvagers picking through the Grineer thowaways, and the high level end of the field would be a high security Grineer shipyard. It might be interesting to have non-affiliated scavengers as possible threats in the low-level areas, as well as some fauna, maybe?

Jupiter: No really solid idea, just something that puts that eternal storm in the sky. Maybe more of a terrestrial facility on one of Jupiter's other moons?

Neptune: Corpus gas city, the tops the highest buildings poking up out of the atmosphere like islands. I think this would neat to have built almost like a traditional dungeon crawler, getting more dangerous as you descend. There'd definitely be structures you can't get to without archwing, and lower levels could even have some pretty low visibility. Map upgrade may be needed. I see the hub as being an independent trade outpost, something that the Corpus value for it's ability to draw other (lesser) trade organizations in. Space Mall!

Asteroid Belt: okay, this is my favorite. I'd love to see a hub something like Omega from the Mass Effect universe (sadly without asari dancers...oh well), even if we only ever run around in a small portion of it. The criminal underbelly of the Warframe universe on full display; it would be amazing to have a new faction here, pirates and scavengers, using all kinds of repurposed Grineer and Corpus tech. The explorable space would be outside, however, in an area of drifting spacewrecks and abandoned asteroid mining colonies and maybe some other surprises. It could also be neat to have a couple of small, active civiliian operations that act as sub-hubs.

The big trick I'm thinking of, however, is in how to do a different sort of day/night cycle. How about there's the wrecked remains of a battle between a large Sentient and some Orokin that's on a different orbit, and the 'night' period is when the orbit intersects with the playable area? The Sentient and other wreckage from the battle could literally move through the playable area.

That's all I got for now. If you read this, thanks. :)

Mars and Ceres, i really want. I really want open world Lua though. PoE looks really nice (this is coming from someone that doesn't have access to PoE yet), but i want the Lua one. Lua just calms me down. With the addition of PoE, Earth became a pretty calming spot. Open world on Lua with really nice sightseeing locations, that's just sit and relax