Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture Mod Should Make The Gun Ignore Armor.

Gryphticon

I'm going to keep saying that puncture really doesn't serve a purpose, even if it were to be buffed. I have honestly never seen an instance where puncture is actually viable at any distance that isn't ridiculous.

It would serve a purpose if it added armor ignoring for the modded and normal damage. That's why I'm suggesting that.

It would serve a purpose if it added armor ignoring for the modded and normal damage. That's why I'm suggesting that.

We already have armor ignore and armor piercing. I'd rather see the whole armor system revamped honestly. Like I said, puncture is too situational as is, and if you add armor ignore it just creates another "must have" mod that will discourage customization that doesn't just max DPS.

I agree, Puncture needs a buff. Sadly, I don't think that just adding armor ignore will help the game at all.

No, it will just make annother mandatory mod, better ask when DE is going to remove the annoying armor scaling -.

No, it will just make annother mandatory mod, better ask when DE is going to remove the annoying armor scaling -.

So what's your problem with buffing a mod? If you don't like that another mandatory mod is there, why not just not equip it?

So what's your problem with buffing a mod? If you don't like that another mandatory mod is there, why not just not equip it?

Because it would be mandatory. We've already stated (at least I know at least I have) that the problem is not puncture. The problem is that armor is scaling ridiculously and that is making Armor Piercing and Armor Ignore Weapons unfairly more powerful than their counterparts. Because of armor scaling, no one can bring anything but armor piercing/ignore weapons into late game content and actually be effective.

Puncture could be buffed with distance and it would still have the problem that the enemy does not behave in a fashion that would make it advantageous because of its cost. 15 mod energy to shoot one guy and the guy behind him isn't really effective. Ignis is the only weapon that would truly benefit from that, but to be honest I'd rather just have the weapon get that ability innately, without having to rely on mods.

Lastly, if you put armor ignore on the mod, then it doesn't solve the issue of armor being too powerful and scaling too high. We don't need and shouldn't have mandatory mods. There is no customization is there is only one build that actually works. There should be multiple ways to solve the problem, not one.

Because it would be mandatory. We've already stated (at least I know at least I have) that the problem is not puncture. The problem is that armor is scaling ridiculously and that is making Armor Piercing and Armor Ignore Weapons unfairly more powerful than their counterparts. Because of armor scaling, no one can bring anything but armor piercing/ignore weapons into late game content and actually be effective.

Puncture could be buffed with distance and it would still have the problem that the enemy does not behave in a fashion that would make it advantageous because of its cost. 15 mod energy to shoot one guy and the guy behind him isn't really effective. Ignis is the only weapon that would truly benefit from that, but to be honest I'd rather just have the weapon get that ability innately, without having to rely on mods.

Lastly, if you put armor ignore on the mod, then it doesn't solve the issue of armor being too powerful and scaling too high. We don't need and shouldn't have mandatory mods. There is no customization is there is only one build that actually works. There should be multiple ways to solve the problem, not one.

Well they could solve the problem with both our solutions, changing the puncture mod to what I suggested and also remove armor scaling...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know but when I take a Grineer Lancer, who gets everywhere 1,5x AP damage, and with puncture you would ignore armor, then bullet rifle with puncture ignores armor and does 100% damage but AP rifle still ignores armor and does 150% damage. Therefore bullet weapons with puncture are usefull against strong armor but AP weapons are still a bit better, not to mention that you don't need puncture on them.

+1 only because I would like something/anything done to allow me to use different weapons.

Yeah. I mean, best solution would be to change armor scaling so it's not so broken. But this is an interim solution, one that's fairly effective. Sure it'll be another 'mandatory' mod, but it does mean that guns with it will actually be able to compete with boltor/despair/kunai/acrid at high levels, and that's something I'd really like to see.