The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS drops and stutters while hosting ONLY

Novarg

As the title says, the only time I'm experiencing FPS dips and stutters is when I'm the one hosting. This happens in all locations, but especially in PoE (unsurprisingly).

Stranger still, is that I haven't had any such issues on my old PC, which was a Windows 7 x64, i7-960 3.2GHz, GTX660 8 gigs, with the game itself running on an SSD.

Now, since then I've upgraded to and currently running the game on a Windows 10 x64, i7-7700k 4.5GHz, GTX1080 Ti, 16 gigs, with the game itself running on an even faster SSD than before. I have tried disabling Nvidia Sharing, I have set my GPU's power mode to 'Prefer max performance', i have optimized the game cache and I'm pulling mostly 180-290 fps at 1080p while playing solo on the plains (even higher numbers while on other missions and around 480 fps on my ship). But the moment someone else joins the mission, my fps gets cut in half almost immediately, regardless of what how busy the screen is and whether or not something is actually happening. Sometimes the game begins to stutter out of nowhere and doesn't stop till i leave to my orbiter.

This also never happens if I'm playing with  friends and they're the one hosting the mission.

Any suggestions? Or should i perhaps forward this to Support straight away?