The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Rhino's New Pimple Skin...

Namacyst

I >HATE< the spikes. Looks like a porcupine. It would make sense if he was Frost, but he isn't.

That said, the iron underneath those ridiculous and ungly as hell spikes look nice, showing off the customization.

I >HATE< the spikes. Looks like a porcupine. It would make sense if he was Frost, but he isn't.

That said, the iron underneath those ridiculous and ungly as hell spikes look nice, showing off the customization.

I absolutely agree with this, please remove the spikes and the new skin will look awesome!

A comprehensive list of things needed to fix the current Iron Skin Debacle.

- Remove Spikes

- Keep the new Iron skin transparent BUT with a slight rough iron texture to it, giving the visible color scheme a more rugged feeling to it.

- No Sanic spikes

- NO DORITO SPIKES

- NO SPIKES

- GET OUT OF HERE SPIKES, NOBODY LIKES YOU

Honestly, I like spiky things, but adding them to the Rhino makes the iron skin look very busy and visually unnapealing. Hopefully, DE will eventually fix these aesthetic problems and make Iron Skin not only a useful skill, but an eye-catching one as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you all complained enough...

Next update you'll see the spikes being shorter/rounder/wider/fewer in number, no more being bullied for resembling a porcupine.

If it looks worse than current crystal jagged awesome I'm coming to your house.

Humorously enough last time I had anyone comment on my Rhino's spiked appearance it was the squad I was in saying it looked damn awesome. Regardless people need to careless about what other people say about your frame, its like you're all thin skinned or something. Get some fortitude, you're on Rhino!

As the same discussion is going on in 2 other topics, the only real solution to satisfy everyone is to make several versions of iron skin as switchable skin. You like or don't like spikes? It's ok, just switch skins and voila, a spikeless/spiky Rhino. Everyone is happy, beer and nachos.

Lets not kid ourselves here,no matter if you like the new one better or not,tinfoil was bad and always felt like a temporary solution.

Having said that,the new one...urgh,

Spikes have nothing to do with Rhinos overall theme or the power itself at all.

Actually reminds me of the 80 where pretty much every superhero started fitting spikes all over because it was "rad and extreme".

Sorry that didnt work back then and it certainly doesnt now.

Though even if they are removed...the power still looks too much like something that belongs to Frost.

Just give us some added armor platings already ffs.

Dont bring the old one back. just get rid of the spikes. I like the way tihs one paints the frame allowing you to see your color choices beneath.. only the spikes look dumb......or atleast give a thorn (reflect damage) effect to justify it.

Yeah I don't get the spikes either.

Common video game logic would indicate some sort of "thorn" damage (deals damage to enemy when attacked) rather than absorption.

At least make it look like a layer of skin or something.

Dont bring the old one back. just get rid of the spikes. I like the way tihs one paints the frame allowing you to see your color choices beneath.. only the spikes look dumb......or atleast give a thorn (reflect damage) effect to justify it.

I don't see the color choices underneath at all, it looks all chrome to me. But the spikes have to go, looks ridiculously hideous. I've said that iron skin should increase the size of Rhino, making him beefier/thicker with some metal armor that shows your color scheme. Add in a bit of animations and maybe a gas effect so that you see when it comes off and you are good.

This thread made me chuckle so much...

"I don't like the pimples on Iron Skin!" - well, he is a growing boy going through puberty...

"The spikes look ugly!" - so are salted pretzels, but you still like them...

This is just me, but I prefer functionality over aesthetics. I don't mind looking like a giant, rampaging, salted pretzel whenever I use Iron Skin, so long as I'm invulnerable for a while, it's worth it. Besides, I like pretzels...