Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Iron Skin Suggestion?

Triskelon

Reduce damage absorb at max from 1200 to 800, and enemies near u or that run into u take damage from the spikes.  Maybe 75 damage per second at max, and enemies damaged by the spikes are instantly taunted to u.

75 damage at max rank because embers overheat does 100 at max rank.

and Rhino is Tank?  so would make sense that it didn't do as much damage.  Plus the aggro feature would be nice again Rhino is Tank?

Reduce the damage absorb because adding in a damage effect would make Iron skin a bit more over powered than what it would need to be.

I personally like the damage absorb, and i really don`t like the spikes they look terrible, the chance of you running into a enemy as well is really low, since you could kill him from meters away, but if they revised they spikes and make them look better i think this would be a good change to the skill, but maybe 900 damage absorb max.

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:

while i am not sure what kind of scaling does DE sticks to, the 1200 is can be destroyed quite fast at high level planets, focus tends to help a lot. 75 damage tradeoff doesn't sound appealing deal to me,

iron skin already taunts enemies (try defense mission on solo and see if enemies will hit you instead of cryopod/generator).

We are getting second frost here with these damage skills.

I personally like the damage absorb, and i really don`t like the spikes they look terrible, the chance of you running into a enemy as well is really low, since you could kill him from meters away, but if they revised they spikes and make them look better i think this would be a good change to the skill, but maybe 900 damage absorb max.

I personally like the spikes my only complaint about them is when Iron skin wears off the spikes seems to stay.

and Rhino is kinda the perfect Melee frame.  Most Rhino players Iv seen have that up close and personal play style (which I do enjoy myself) running into mobs of enemies cleaving away, blasting away with a shotgun.

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:

while i am not sure what kind of scaling does DE sticks to, the 1200 is can be destroyed quite fast at high level planets, focus tends to help a lot. 75 damage tradeoff doesn't sound appealing deal to me,

iron skin already taunts enemies (try defense mission on solo and see if enemies will hit you instead of cryopod/generator).

We are getting second frost here with these damage skills.

I know Iron skin already generates threat, but i'm not exactly how it does tbh.  Does it only aggro a certain amount of enemies, or give u a higher threat to enemies u have damaged?  Iv solo'd xini to wave 15, and there's always a couple mobs heading for the pod, and ignoring me.  even on waves 1-5+

Also the trade off for dmg absorb, for a dmg wouldn't be to bad.  in my opinion I wouldn't mind a nerf without a dmg buff because Iron skin now even on Pluto makes the game fairly easy.  Idk about how all other players feel, but even with this last patch supposedly increasing difficulty it still seems to easy to me.

I can take a rank 2 rhino with just Iron skin through every mission easy.

(iv polarized 4 times, and solo'd mission on pluto to rank up)

Reduce damage absorb at max from 1200 to 800, and enemies near u or that run into u take damage from the spikes.  Maybe 75 damage per second at max, and enemies damaged by the spikes are instantly taunted to u.

75 damage at max rank because embers overheat does 100 at max rank.

and Rhino is Tank?  so would make sense that it didn't do as much damage.  Plus the aggro feature would be nice again Rhino is Tank?

Reduce the damage absorb because adding in a damage effect would make Iron skin a bit more over powered than what it would need to be.

Again, like i say to a lot of people. Iron skin doesn't need fixed

Iron Skin causes aggro, and was made stronger because it was destroyed FAR to quickly. Adding damage to it would defeat the point of it being a DEFENSIVE ability. Its like saying, make snowglobe have big ice shards all over is so enemies are instantly skewered when they walk into it.

Rhino skin is there to protect you in a tough situation, or if your charging in head first. Rhino CHARGE is there for the melee, damage and Knockdown, alongside Stomp, and Roar is there to buff you and your team.

nah, its as fine as it is, in higher tier enemies your iron skin gets teared up fast. I once did a defense on pluto and only 3 chargers teared through my skin in 2 hits AND knocked down my sheilds(870 sheilds) and left me at 24 hp(total of 480 hp).

so yeah, spike damage no neccesary and dont reduce damage absorb please

@people saying Iron skin gets ripped off on Pluto def.

What are u doing?  Just standing there not moving and just taking the shots?

I go like 3 waves before having to reuse Iron skin

I will admit the last 6 waves on a T3 Def is rough, but that's a T3 Def.

Pluto isn't hard until wave 11+

Edited by Triskelon

@people saying Iron skin gets ripped off on Pluto def.

What are u doing?  Just standing there not moving and just taking the shots?

I go like 3 waves before having to reuse Iron skin

no, i litteraly have to sit on-top of the pod to not get shredded.i barely move down and bam almost died in less than a secon.