Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market asking for Authentication !!!!!

M00Light

Question

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, M00Light said:

I was trying to open warframe market nd as soon as i click on it, it asked for authentication (Username:    Password: )  why ?

a user here may know but besides that noone except the people that run the site know, that sites not run by DE its a private site run by someone not associated with the game devs

actually none of the market or price sites are official

if you google it it actually says do not attempt to contact or ask DE about this site

Edited by Tokens210

2 minutes ago, donvin23 said:

:s 

I think i'm gonna change my password,thx 

since email address is included in login info if your email address password was even remotely close to your warframe password id change that one as well

not trying to be all like its gonna get hacked but yea better be safe then sorry lol

Edited by Tokens210

If you follow the Warframe Market Patreon account, you'd know that the website was undergoing an upgrade to Market 2.0 starting yesterday, so I knew that the website was going to be down yesterday. I myself accessed the site during this time to see if the update was complete and used my Warframe Market account info to try and log in during the authentication time and nothing happened. I also use an open-source, anonymity network build of Firefox, so I was able to monitor what the website was accessing, and did not find any suspicious activity from the site. My guess is that it was just a security prompt from the server's gateway used to access website and port settings.

TL;DR - Warframe Market was in the middle of an update. The website was not accessing any files or any other suspicious activity. It is still not a bad idea to change your password if the info you entered is the same as your Warframe account info.