Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Europa Landscape Concept (hear me out)

ClockworkDragon5

ROUGH CONCEPTING FOR A EUROPA LANDSCAPE: HEAR ME OUT (Please note that this isn't really serious, but if DE does take to this idea, it's all theirs)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS STILL IN PROGRESS, EDITS WILL BE COMING SOON.

SKETCHES OF THE BASIC TYPE

Landscape: An Icy Crater Scape. long ago, a colossal meteor hit Europa, on the point of impact, a crater formed. Over the eons, before the Orokin empire even rose, more meteors bombarded the surface, creating smaller craters within the larger one. During the height of the Orokin empire, a ship crash landed near the edge of the crater, and dominates a large portion of the horizon. Finally, after the fall of the empire one of the great orokin clades came in their floating markets, and took refuge there, in the center of the crater. Kyurin-Ta they called it

Missions: missions in this landscape often involve protecting or obtaining orokin artifacts and technology that litter the landscape, from either the hordes of Fractals, or the corpus. These orokin artifacts are extremely valuable to the native people, who prize their orokin heritage. Some missions also involve disabling heat generators at corpus camps so as to freeze them out. Others involve defeating or blocking off the Neural Fractals from gaining to much foothold in the area, as the neural sentry sends out waves of fractals out at intervals. There are also intense multi stage boss fights against the Orokin robotic guardians that guard the inner sanctums of the ship.

Basic Concept: Giant crater with many lakes in smaller craters, iceberg crags litter the landscape. In the center of the crater there lies the city Kyurin-Ta, atop a plateau. The city is Orokin in design, and is excitable from four gates, however only enterable from landing pads at the top. The city is more vertically themed, with towers stacked upon towers, as to make the most of the space atop the plateau. An elevator leads deep down into the heart of the plateau, where the remains of the original ship that brought them here where buried when the terraforming began. In the ship's remains there live the leaders of the K'tiuns. Though the city is round, there is a gate on each "side".

Native People: K'tyiuns, an Orokin clade, families within families, that have lived in Kyurin-Ta for centuries. They have different accents then the Ostrons, and lighter skin due to their distance from the sun. Their culture revolves around the restoration of the Orokin ship, as they see it as the only way to regain the Orokin culture that was lost, there is also a significant amount of data archived aboard the ship, but is inaccessible due to it's dilapidated nature. They treat themselves as orokin, and thus their architecture is very similar, curving shapes of white and gold. 

Native Culture: See Above

Enemy Types: Partially Corrupted Enemies: Neural Fractals, enemies that have been corrupted by the orokin ship there, which had a neural sentry aboard. The ship's power is only able to partially corrupt the enemies, allowing them to retain their consciousness, but only the parts that allow them to feel fear and anger. And while it defends the K'tyiuns to some extent, the enemies often roam the plans, If they can find their way out of the ship. In a way they are lost souls, they have lost their memory, and retained only the ability to kill and hunt. The neural sentry will only extend full control over them if they sense a hostile presence. Otherwise, the main enemy type includes Corpus Ice-Troopers, who are specially equipped to deal with the cold (all troopers have higher shields, but less armor).

• Normal Corpus enemy Variants (Crewmen, Ospreys ETC) who are equipped for the cold.
  • Corpus Disablers: Can take down your shield for a short period of time, exposing you to the extreme cold, and slowing you.
  • Convection Walkers: Tall, heavily armored quadrupeds who have project heat shields around them (similar to nullifier bubbles), that stop 50% of projectiles. Enemies within the heat shield regen shields faster, whereas you lose shields over time.
  • Skiffs/Skiff Pilots: Orb shaped skiffs with a mounted turret that hover relatively high in the air. When destroyed two pilots drop (one gunmen, with an automatic pistol, and one pilot, with a semi-automatic rifle).
  • Okerons: Alike to grineer hellions, they hover just above the ground using a small jetpack (looks like osprey drone attached to back). They have a higher movement speed however instead of shooting rockets, they fire a continuous beam that slows you down.
  • (all enemies have a resistance to cold status effects)

Quirks/Points of Interest: There are sometimes heavy blizzards, which allow for enemy ambushes, however the Neural Fractals are not equipped for this weather and will retreat during these storms. 

• Maybe orokin versions of the operator amps, focused on crits, and are more traditional beam type weapons, but more powerful?
  • More operator cosmetics
  • orbiter decorations
  • warframe cosmetics

Resources: 

• All POE fishing resources (maybe barring the ones from the ocean)
  • ALL POE mining resources + New alloys 
  • Guardian Cores (Tier one, two, and three) Guardian cores can be turned in for standing with the clade ship dwellers beneath the city. (in return for cosmetics and special items)
  • Neural Sentry AI data (fragments of data that can be used for crafting
  • Heating Fluid (Fluids designed to keep corpus troopers warm, drops from all troops there equipped for cold), used for crafting

Edited by ClockworkDragon5

I like it! Nice concept. I think that the Corpus would be playing a much greater role in this, and would be more concentrated than the Grineer are on PoE, maybe with a few fully established bases in craters or on the outskirts. It would be cool seeing a Corpus military occupation.

I like the idea of the Partially Corrupted enemies, maybe introduce a new type of Fissure-like event to simulate the Neural sentry's extensive damage, that it's sending pulse waves or something rather than concentrating on a single entity. 

But all around, It's a really good concept, fits in with Europa, the landscape we see during missions, and we can potentially see more how Orokin ships and the Neural Sentry actually operate.

(And i'm totally for Arctic Corpus rappelling down ice cliffs or ambushing you in blizzards.)

8 hours ago, Vicsvinny said:

I like it! Nice concept. I think that the Corpus would be playing a much greater role in this, and would be more concentrated than the Grineer are on PoE, maybe with a few fully established bases in craters or on the outskirts. It would be cool seeing a Corpus military occupation.

I like the idea of the Partially Corrupted enemies, maybe introduce a new type of Fissure-like event to simulate the Neural sentry's extensive damage, that it's sending pulse waves or something rather than concentrating on a single entity. 

But all around, It's a really good concept, fits in with Europa, the landscape we see during missions, and we can potentially see more how Orokin ships and the Neural Sentry actually operate.

(And i'm totally for Arctic Corpus rappelling down ice cliffs or ambushing you in blizzards.)

Oh dang, I didn't even think about blizzards! And pulse waves are a cool idea, i might add that to the concept.

I've been racking my head around on trying to think of a good Corpus PoE, and with the rumors of it being on Venus, I really couldn't picture more than a large subterranean base, with a few landing pads and such exposed to an arctic climate with huge Orokin towers in the distance. Essentially a scaled up version of the Corpus Outpost tileset.

Jupiter would NEED to be Archwing, and they would have to design an ENTIRE Gas Mine, or maybe several Mines or outposts. Essentially It'll need to be a huge Archwing area.

But Europa would be really neat, and I'm totally for it, and I'll be honest, never put much thought into it. 

If DE does a poll for the next PoE-like environment, (Which I doubt would happen, but you never know) you'd get my vote. :thumbup: