Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Uh... Fomorian Event Question

unmog

And you still have failed to answer why they would attack Saturn. Friggen trolls...

Even if we adhere to the bizarre concept of bending gameplay over backwards for the sake of a very trivial bit of lore, it's called a staging area. Look it up.

I've spent money too... not on just myself but others. Just because it doesn't say grand master by my name doesnt meant I haven't spent just as much on the game. I just prefer to make all my stuff instead of buy it all. But fine I apologize if I hurt his feelings.

Still if the Grineer are "defending" their areas with them instead of attacking why would there be a penalty for not destroying it? Like I pointed out the Corpus aren't anywhere in Saturn afterall. It still doesn't really fit with the lore behind the event.

Because it's harder to steal shiz if it's all locked in a safe made of automatic turrets programmed to shoot anything that moves.

No, silly. YOU are doing a preemtive strike at their ships on their fleets' staging point. Or do you think the Fomorian Ships just get built around the planets they'll attack? They are built on Grineer strongholds and deployed from there.

Also, there's no way for us to destroy the unfinished ships as easely as we can the functional ones. Our tactic is corrupting the fuel so that it'll blow up. An unfinished huge ship is powered down, therefore immune to our tactic. We are attacking their staging point, not their shipyards.

Of course, the issue with that is it'd only make sense if the ships first cropped up in Grineer systems rather than Corpus ones :-P

Of course, the issue with that is it'd only make sense if the ships first cropped up in Grineer systems rather than Corpus ones :-P

Well, as we destroyed more and more of them we might have gained enough intel to find out from where they were croping up in the first place. The Saturn one could have been an exception in that it was discovered before it could be deployed.

Okay I know people want there to be more ships and all so they can participate in the event, but how many until it's too many? I mean go and look, right now the Grineer are apparently even attacking Saturn... their own world? Really? Why would they attack Saturn? It even says its a Grineer fortress with well protected shipping lanes and training for their elite troops.There's not even any corpus missions there, just a few infestation one. How does that fit into the lore of the event? Now they're destroying themselves? How does that make any sense at all people?

Well I already got my 250 points, I say let them destroy themselves like the big trashcan heads they are. Personally I say let them destroy the corpus too, then we Tenno can just go in and take over everything. Honestly I would have much prefered DE just keep the missions around after they hit 0% instead of adding new ships in like every other planet.

Like I've said before, since DE brought a possible resource penalty into this, I say any world we complete we should get 50% more resources, its only fair. WHOS WITH ME!?

just because the ship is in saturn doesnt mean it's attacking saturn. maybe its being loaded with soldiers and we located it before it set sail.

we got an event that reward us with new mods and resource decrease is another nudge for us to keep going after the initial 250.

we have gotten this much and if you ask for more, that's "greed."

edit: replaced word "drop" with "decrease" for clarity

Edited by Byfe

just because the ship is in saturn doesnt mean it's attacking saturn. maybe its being loaded with soldiers and we located it before it set sail.

we got an event that reward us with new mods and resource decrease is another nudge for us to keep going after the initial 250.

we have gotten this much and if you ask for more, that's "greed."

edit: replaced word "drop" with "decrease" for clarity

Hardly greed, since for some (and arguably, a good chunk) of us, stuff like ammo conversion mods are kinda useless and just aren't even worth a slot; resources on the other hand? Not so much.

This is a case where the reward is far outpaced by the negative.

And it's like saying Order 227 was an "extra nudge" to keep Soviet Troops fighting or telling a sweat shop worker they don't get their bowl of rice if they're not productive enough, yeah, it's technically true - it's also an extraordinarily crapulent thing to do.

Yea not greed, just some basic common sense. With increased difficulty/risk should come increased reward. If restricted resources are a possible penalty, extra resources should be a possible reward. Will it happen? Probably not, but I'm still entitled to my opinion and these are the forums to suggest things like that, so maybe these ships will stick around in the future to give us possible resource boosts to an area.

Personally however, considering how hard neurodes are to get lately I'd appreciate a little helping hand after an event based on possibly getting less pf them. I just think after the last "fix" to our resource drop rates things have gotten the most grindy I've seen since I've been playing the game and many share my experience. That is with the exception to control modules I suppose, my friend just got 4 of them from one Hyena run last night and I haven't heard people complaining about them. But again that still works with my mantra, they increased Hyena's difficulty and with increased difficulty should mean increased reward. Bosses should drop boss loot after all, I wish the other bosses were a little more generous honestly. Plus all these clan tech weapons are heavy with control modules... and before U9 it was extremely annoying to farm for so I think we earned it.

Really though, thats what it comes down to for me. Assuming we can blow up all of these ships, I would assume we as a community earned some extra resources. Nothing greater than a job well done than a pat on the back from the devs.

Edited by unmog