Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] "find It Yourself" Mission

Psychotoxin

The idea is as follows: some missions don`t have an objective marker. or a mini-map. You just get dropped into a mission with a supposed objective, and have to find your way there yourself. while you`re moving through the level, the mini-map registers every room you`ve been to, so you have the layout, if you have to back track.

The idea could be that the corpus/grineer have some sort of a communications scrambler, and a side objective could be to find it and disable it. while it`s active, all incoming messages are littered with distortions, and other such stuff, your frame`s feedback could be inaccurate (hud distortions) and so on.

EDIT: Also a possibility - bigger maps, with more "dead end" routes, so if you do get the random scrambler, it would really feel like you`re going through a ship, not just a slightly branched corridor to the reactor/control room/extraction point.

Edited by Psychotoxin

Good idea, I would just hope once we destroy the objective, we get the map back for the exit run :)

But, yes, like the idea.

well, i was thinking that the scrambler is a side objective. you still have to capture/raid/sabotage. but if you don`t destroy the scrambler, you`re doing it blindly.

well, i was thinking that the scrambler is a side objective. you still have to capture/raid/sabotage. but if you don`t destroy the scrambler, you`re doing it blindly.

Ah OK, see what you mean, yes that still sounds good though :)

Maybe the scrambler is also activated randomly, like a (less common) lockout?

With a scrambler, this would be fine. Without it, not really.

I just got a no map sabotage mission today. It was fine until the ship started its self-destruct countdown after I destroy the core.

Then, it's not fine.

This is already a thing...

Not as refined as should/could be. You have no chance to get your map back, if you get this variable. What I'm proposing is a setting similar to fire/ice, but with a chance to set it back to normal.

As Redler said - a timer starts to go down and you have no chance of knowing where to go. That is not hightened dificulty, that is just possible if you're very lucky, or have a very small ship/outpost to deal with, but if I've noticed something about end-game planets, it's that missions tend to be very large.