Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF Fun, mature X1 Tenno, working thru Jupiter, quests, getting ready for PoE

(XBOX)Sh4dow F4llen

Hello everyone! This is a really long post, so don't bother unless you are also looking for people on Xbox One to play Warframe with (Jupiter forward, quests Natah & forward in prep for PoE). Thanks! Don't want to waste anyone's time. Otherwise, please continue :)

I've been playing Warframe for a few months now, although I took a bit of a break when Destiny 2 came out (simply because the few people I've played with all did the same) but these folk have all leveled up far beyond me and they all work, have limited hours, etc, and I guess they just don't have time for me anymore (whatever, it is what it is). Now I'm basically left with no one to play Warframe with (yeah I know, there's worse things life of course) and I'm hoping to change that. Clans? Not had the best of luck with clans. Ones that say "we're active" yet somehow I still manage to get overlooked, left out, you name it. Clans say "there's always someone online" I've heard that too, all too often. People "might" be online, but what often happens is they're already queued up into a squad of 4 made out of a tight knit group of friends that formed long before I joined the clan. Not complaining, it's about timing & chemistry after all, but it does gets tiresome when the timing and such never seem to work out in your favor. Other times, what will happen in a clan is I'll join and the people online aren't playing Warframe, they're playing some other game, or watching movies or YouTube. While that's beyond a clan's control, it's not really helpful either. Then there's the case where people will be online, but they're already in a squad or fireteam with other players that aren't in the clan (which is probably the most frustrating of all, I often wonder why these people bother joining the clan, why don't they join the one their friends are in if all they're going to do is continue playing with their friends that aren't in the same clan or are in a diffferent clan? I realize there are a few scenarios such as their friends' clan is full, etc, but I'm sure other people have been frustrated by this as well). 

I've had clan leaders or clan admins say "no problem, we'll set you up with some people, make sure you have others to run content with" but all too often those are empty promises. It's not 100% their fault, they can't make any one single individual play with you, but they still have a responsibility to you as a clan member to continue trying to match you up with other members. If the clan is so large they don't know members well enough to have any idea who you might get along well with, that's another problem. With clan's as big as 1000 members, it requires some serious amount of infrastructure to make sure things run smoothly. Things like a strong leadership structure, with accountability and clear-cut responsibilities. With the right tiered structure, you should have people in place that know all the members (not a single individual, but a group of "commanders" let's say) and they should have some idea about the members they're responsible for, and have some insight into where any given new member might fit best etc. Might take some time, and probably some effort, especially amongst the largest clans, but it's not impossible and it's what a clan is for, to find someone others to play with. Sadly, whether from joining bad clans or just rotten luck, I've yet to find a clan in Warframe or any other game for that matter that didn't fail miserably at their job, namely finding others to play with. None has taken their job seriously, which is an incredible shame. I have multiple medical issues, including chronic pain, and gaming is about the only thing I can enjoy, so I take my hobby seriously (in a fun way of course!) so it's frustrating when I join a clan only to have it fail at its principal function. 

Up to the point I've been trying to get by on solo queuing into public matches to get by, but as most people realize at some point, this gets incredibly lonely. Ive reached a point where I'm not sure I can slog through the entire game (despite the incredible things I believe it has to offer) if I have to go it solo, without anyone to talk to, to share the laughs and frustrations with, to simply share the moments with. Not looking for deep heartfelt conversations, just casual fun. When you have to rely on playing solo with randoms, there's not even a chance to get to know anyone. When playing alerts, everyone is speedrunning the thing as fast as possible so they can move on to something else, it's quite frustrating actually. There's just no time to chat, even if you wanted to, and it's not really the best of circumstances under which to strike up a conversation to try to get an idea who you might get along with. The few people that have had their mics left on during alerts usually have done so by accident and it's incredibly loud and annoying, so I end up muting them (wish there was a "mute all" option, if it's there I haven't spotted it yet). Being an older gamer (not quite 50 yet, but closing in), I really don't have any means by which to make friends IRL to game with, unlike those who are much younger who often have IRL friends from school and such who they play with online as well. My first console was the Atari, which I got when I was 7. Actually had someone ask me what an Atari was the other day, and no I don't think they were trolling either, they just didn't know. Totally bizarre. Anyway, I've been gaming ever since.

I've been told I have a good sense of humor (if not a bit sarcastic at times) and I'm also very patient (gone are those twitch reflexes of youth, it certainly makes one humble I'll say!) Idk why I never tried Warframe before, I suppose I was wrapped up in the hype-disappointment cycle that was Destiny, but I'm glad I finally tried it because now I really enjoy it, really love the movement system how it's so fluid and feels different than anything else I've played (except for when I get stuck on doorways and all manner of objects, which occurs more often than I care to admit). Like I said basically I'm at the point now where I just want to find more poeole to play with, because no matter how great Warframe is, solo queuing with strangers you don't really talk to, interact with, or cooperate with on any deeper level is just not very satisfying. In fact, it's become quite boring and increasingly tedious over time because you realize how little control you have, and it just sucks to be at the mercy of how many are online doing a certain planetary mission or alert, etc. At least there IS matchmaking, it took forever Bungo forever to manage even that! Lol. Looking at some of the posts here, it's obvious I'm not alone in this sentiment. Having some company along for the journey would definitely make the ride much more pleasant xD

Please limit replies to individuals who are likewise in search of fun, chill (but still goal-oriented) Tenno to play Warframe with (see my details below). While I'm not against clans, if I were searching for one I'd put this in the Clan Recruitment. Right now I'm more interested in making some friends, not finding a clan, because clans so far haven't worked out for me (different people have different needs and expectations, and I'm sure there are good clans out there). I'd rather focus on finding people who are likely to be online around the same time as I am, and are about the same place in terms of story content, etc, than worry about what clan they are in tbh. I don't need to join a clan to have access to a bunch of research, not for the time being anyway. I already have some clan research weapons and items from a previous clan. What am I looking for in a player? I'm not really a demanding sort. Like I said, a person with a sense of humor, who jokes around but can also take a joke (you'd be surprised how many get offended by the silliest things, don't act like entitled "special snowflake" lol), doesn't rage, doesn't over-expletive (some is fine, using it every other word is ridiculous,  makes you sound like a 12 yr old lol), is patient, and above all else acts mature (while the likelihood of mature behavior increases with age, unfortunately this doesn't always hold true; maturity should be considered an entity independent of chronological age). That probably sounds like a lot, that I actually am being demanding, but really that's what describes a decent human being by most standards if you think about it, someone who is helpful and supportive who shares a common goal of enjoying the content while making friends as well, a person you can rely on to help you out, not speedrun past you to extraction while you're downed etc. It's really as simple as that.

Time for my details. I am located in US Central Time Zone, (changing from CDT to CST this weekend, but it remains -6GMT I believe). I have a sleep disorder that makes me somewhat "nocturnal" and I don't work because of health problems (chronic pain) so I'm on mostly at night, usually not before 7pm CST, and often I'll play much later even as late as 2am CST. This tends to work not so well for people who are EST or CST although it can, but tends to works best with people in PST. Because of my nocturnal tendencies, in the past in some online games I've met and made friends with people in places such as Australia. Sometimes I'm up so late I catch people in the U.K. after they've woken up and started their day the next day xD (but I'm usually too tired at that point to focus on games like Warframe). I don't have a set sleep schedule but on average I probably fall asleep around 4-6 am CST.

I know a lot of people will read this, and not only will it not apply to them, they'll wonder why anyone would bother writing all of this stuff out. Basically, my life is complicated, and it's been incredibly difficult, nearly impossible, to find anyone to play online games with despite the fact that's basically all I'm able to do is play games online. An unfortunate combination of being older, playing at an uncommon time for my time zone (long after most have gone to bed), and clans being one disappointment after another (even tried a 100.io group in the first Destiny, that didn't work out either, and never was it the case I couldn't get along with others, I simply never had the chance to begin with. I think to some degree, because I'm older, people in clans are less likely to take a leap, give you a chance. Idk, just a thought. I see it as an advantage. I don't ever have homework, term papers, or a parent telling me to go to bed lol! Anyway, I hope now it makes a bit of sense why I have some difficulty finding others to play online with. I'm not exactly the "average gamer" in terms of demographics, hours I'm online, etc. I'm not into PvP in general, I prefer co-op style play, but from what I gather the Warframe community isn't PvP focused either, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. In terms of Warframe progress (and I do realize MR doesn't mean much of anything) I believe I qualify for MR8 test, but I haven't taken it yet. I am currently at the beginning of Jupiter and need to progress through the Star Chart (but I can't bring myself to slog through it solo queuing with randoms, ugh!). In terms of quests, I still have a lot to do, basically all the biggies: Natah, Second Dream, War Within. I know a bit about the quests, what Operators are and sorta look like. I definitely want to get things going so I can start preparing for PoE as well as get my Focus School and earning those Focus points (at least I will start out as part of Focus 2.0, idk if that's a good thing, but I'd like to think so). If interested persons are a bit ahead or behind, that's fine with me I'm flexible as long as you are too. I try to play most. I've done Nightmare alerts as well as planetary Nightmare nodes for the planets I have unlocked, and generally I do fine. Ive had some experience on more advanced planet missions/nodes where in the past other players took me to level their frames or farm stuff, places like Akkad and Oestrus I think it was, so I'm at least familiar with working as part of a team under more difficult circumstances (although I know there are much more difficult encounters in the game, such as sorties and raids, and soon the Eidolon encounters as well). I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm some god at Warframe because obviously I'm not, I've only played a few months. Just trying to say I'm not a total n00b.

If you've survived my Warframe tale (sorry about that, I do tend to write a lot, good thing I'm not nearly so chatty online lol) and you share a common goal of finding some humorous fun-loving Tenno to grind out the Star Chart and quests with, let me know! :) I don't check the forums too often, I'll try, but you can also send me a message on Xbox One (Sh4dow F4llen). Just put in the message you're replying to Warframe forums topic, looking for players, something like that will do. Even if you've done one or more of the quests I mentioned, but still are working on planets, whatever, like I said I'm just looking for some folks to play Warframe with, hopefully make some friends in the process, people who also tend to be online when I'm online, and would be willing to help with/play through the content I've mentioned. Thanks everyone for your time and patience, and have a good one!

Sorry if I made a bunch of glaring typos, or demonstrated bad or improper grammar, etc. It's a long read and I'm really tired, so I'm not going to proofread it again, I hope you understand :P