Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Thief

Juha_Bach

The idea behind locking something is to keep valuable items from being take away, stolen.

Master Thief mod gives you a 40% chance to open locked locker and one would think it's a great mod for farming resources. Looking at its cost it's definitely meant for farming lower level mission as you are forced to swap some mods and add Thief's Wit to the mix. My problem is that 99% of those very few locked lockers that you open with this mod contain nothing but garbage.

So I would like to ask someone to add 100% "chance" to get resources from closed lockers so it doesn't seem like a waste of time and mod slots.

Thanks

Hmm, I recall being extremely lucky when opening locked lockers, 9/10 times I'd wind up with an orange resource container hitting me in the face

While it would be nice, I don't think they should have 100% but maybe just a higher chance than unlocked lockers

I've been using a maxed out Master Thief mod for a while now and I don't really have a problem with it, not with the "chance" or the drops as I get lucky sometimes. What I have a problem with is RNG itself, as soon as we get a more solid chance based system and dump RNG, lots of things will be much better including the Master Thief mod.

There's something dodgy about the mod though, sometimes the lockers don't respond when you walk straight up to them, and sometimes they unlock after you've reach the side or go near the back of it... as if you're plugging in a broken vending machine... might be a hitbox issue.

Edit: that being said, I wouldn't say no to higher drop rates of course :P I just don't mind it much either way.

Edited by CapricaSix