Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unusually Low Fps?

S1gnalF1re

Hey guys, first post from me here, so go easy on me pweez :)

Anyways, on to the problem at hand.

Before starting up Warframe for the first time (which was about a week ago, after Update 9 was released) I was aware of how my computer performs with games. It's a laptop, can't ask much from it anyways. However, I did run a "Can You Run It" on my laptop and got some surprising results, CanYouRunIt told me that I was WAY over the minimum specs and that encouraged me to go ahead and try Warframe. I was still sceptical about what performance I was gonna get.

Surprise, surprise. Horrible FPS, everything on lowest (including resolution, *crying face* ). I did snoop around the web for some similar issues like mine, and found a couple of threads concerning this issue. What I gathered was that most of my fellow space-ninjas did not have problems running Warframe prior to Update 8. As of Update 9, a lot of people (again, from what I've gathered from the threads) have been experiencing problems with the framerate in-game.

So, is this caused by my crap system, or is this a general issue?

Additional Info
Specs:
Intel i5 460M (2.53GHz, 3MB)
Nvidia 310M 512MB + Integrated Intel Graphics chip (Optimus stuff)
4GB RAM
Plenty of free space on hard disk + defragmented + scanned for viruses

Thanks in advance, and I'll catch you on the battlefield, fellow space-ninjas! :)

I have a little more powerful computer than you but I still suffer from off FPS especially when all those thousands of grineer are on screen. It even resorts in a crash even though my computer can handle it. I would blame the wonky engine they are using to be honest as it seems to go up and down in quality every update.