Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tweak to MR21 Trial

Toro1d

I think there is a problem with the current Mastery Rank 21 trial. Simply put, if the first orb that grants you more time spawns too far away, you can fail the test even if the trial is well within your abilities as a player.

This bothers me because this means my success in the trial is limited by RNG, not by my personal skills. In the trial practice, I'll win 95% of the time, no problem. However, the two times I've actually tried to rank up the orbs spawned near the top of the level, and I couldn't get to them in time. To call that frustrating is an understatement. 

I'd like to suggest a couple of tweaks to the trial that would fix this:

1) Make the first orb always spawn close to where you start the trial. There are several orb positions on the lower levels that can be accessed in the first 15 seconds; if the first orb spawned on any one of them the trial would be far more consistent.

2) Give the player a few extra seconds to start with. You initially have 15 seconds at the start of the test, which can make it hard to get to some of the most remote orbs. Starting with just 5 more seconds would help the test be determined by player skill, not the orb's spawn point.

Just now, Toro1d said:

Rush is the only movement-enhancing mod I have right now.

Is there a mod that increases how fast you jump up walls? That would be useful for getting orbs that spawn way above you.

bullet jump enhancers would probably be best. there are a bunch of mods of that variety. Most are found from drekar enemies on uranus.