Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inanis, The Will of the Void(Warframe Concept)

Yansel

Inanis(Latin for void) is a warframe idea based around Operator usage while employing the mysterious powers of the void. The idea is to bring life to the currently boring Operator usage with a set of abilities revolved around using your Operator for effectiveness.

Warframe Stats:

Max hp: 100-350

Armor: 150-250

Shields: 100-250

Passive:

Spoiler

Passive: Will of the Void

Inanis is directly connected to the void energies and thus regenerates energy passively. (In a similar manner that the operators do)

Energy is fixed at 150 and cannot be increased by any means. Things that would increase max energy only increase the rate at which you regenerate energy.

Switching to your Operator will cause cause Inanis itself to fight for the void, only using the weapon that was active at the time.

Operators gain 40% of your base stats minus energy. (40-210 hp 60-100 armor 40-100 shields)

Ability 1:

Spoiler

Ability 1: Void Fissure

Energy Cost: 50

Cooldown: 14 seconds 

Inanis creates a void fissure at a target location 10m away(affected by Power Range) which corrupts 2/4/6/8 enemies for 3/6/12/24(affected by Power Duration) seconds with whispers from the void and lasts for 1/3/5/7 seconds (affected by Power Duration) at the targeted area which constantly corrupts enemies within its range(up to the max of 2/4/6/8 enemies per active fissure). Enemies that are affected by corruption fight for you and gain a damage amplifier of 30% in void damage(affected by Power Strength).

If your Operator comes into contact with the void fissure it super charges them increasing their Energy regeneration by 2/3/4/5 energy a second.

Your Operator gains a effect depending on the type of enemies affected by the fissure.

Corpus: 30% Electricity Damage added to void beam, Electricity proc on Void Dash, and gain a Regenerating 200/250/300/350 Shield for Operator.

Grineer: 30% Heat Damage added to void beam, Void Dash causes you to burn enemies passed through causing subsequent attacks to deal 50% more damage, and gain 200/250/300/350 Armor.

Infested: 30% Toxic Damage added to void beam, Void Dash leaves a gas trail for 5 seconds(similar to Mutalist Osprey), and 100/200/300/400 health and 5 health regen per second.

Ability 2:

Spoiler

Ability 2: Resonate Echoes

Energy Cost: 25

Cooldown: 7 Seconds

Inanis resonates void energy in a pulse 10m(affected by Power Duration) around himself inflicting 100/200/300/400(affected by Power Strength) void damage in the area. If a corrupted unit is hit by the blast, it will also cause them to resonate the void energy and release a weaker pulse inflicting 50% of the original damage in void damage. The Echoes occur every second(affected by Power Duration) and can only occur once per corrupted beacon.

If the Operator is hit with Resonate Echoes, they emit void quakes in a 5m radius around you through movement causing 50(affected by Power Strength) void damage per quake for 10 seconds(affected by Power Duration). Using void blast at any time during the quakes to unleash the entire duration's worth of damage in a single concentrated cone.

Ability 3:

Spoiler

Ability 3: Implode

Energy Cost: 100

Inanis makes the void energies collapse causing all open void fissures to become unstable and implode after 7/6/5/4 seconds dealing 200/400/600/800(affected by Power Strength) Blast Damage in a 14m(affected by Power Range) radius around the fissure. Enemies farther away from the blast take up to 50% less damage. Enemies corrupted by void fissures will also create a small implosion of void energy dealing 10% of their max hp in void damage to all non corrupt enemies in a 7m radius.

If the Operator is caught in the implosions, they will accumulate 50% of the damage as stored void energy. Upon returning to Inanis all the stored up energy will be released in slow moving pulse that knocks enemies back (Like the Thumper Death Orb and is affected by Power Duration only).

Ability 4:

Spoiler

Ability 4: Void's Reasoning

Energy Cost: 150

Inanis channels all its energy into a concentrated void ability based on the path of your Operator. During the effects of the 4th ability Inanis can not regain energy by any external means.

Madurai: Channel a controllable beam of pure void energy in the direction you are aiming dealing 225/250/275/300 void damage in one second tics(affected by Power Strength and Power Duration) for 10 seconds. The beam has a width of 3m and a base range of 25m(affected by Power Range). Can be canceled early. You are vulnerable during the duration of the beam. You can switch to your Operator during this time, making the beam stationary in whichever direction you were looking at. Has Infinite punch through for things within its range. 

Naramon: Inanis stops for 4/3/2/1 seconds to collect his energies and summons void fists for 10 seconds. The void fists force you into a exclusive melee stance and causes your attacks to create a after image that repeats the attack dealing 50% of the original damage in void damage 5m in front of you. If the Operator is summoned during this after images are not created but instead the Operator is forced into the same melee stance and Inanis goes on its own rampage. Any enemies attacked by both Inanis and the Operator will be dealt 2x damage. Void Fists have 50/100/150/200 base damage(70% Impact 20% puncture 10% slash), have a 14% critical chance, a 7% status chance and deals guaranteed void procs. Non-exclusive melee mods affect the original stats of the fists.

Unairu: Inanis stand his ground becoming invulnerable and tethers to its Operator for 10 seconds. During this time you switch to the Operator and have a direct tether to the immobile Inanis. Any enemy that comes into contact with the tether is inflicted with a void proc and is stunned for 4/5/6/7 seconds. All enemies that are stunned will act as a corrupted beacon for the purpose of Resonate Echoes. Enemies immobilized by this ability will also take 50%(affected by Power Strength) more damage from all your other abilities. During this time the Operator takes 70% less damage(affected by Power Strength).

Vazarin: Inanis rises into the air and becomes a beacon for 10 seconds that forcibly draws all enemy fire from ranged units and makes melee units look in awe for a 14m radius(affected by Power Range). During this time friendly units in a 28m radius(affected by Power Range) gain 100/175/250/325 base shields(affected by Power Strength) for 5/10/15/20 seconds(affected by Power Duration) and while the units have a shield up they regain 1/3/5/7 health per second. During this time your Operator can use the void beam to directly heal allied units and also revive them after 7/6/4/3(affected by Power Strength) seconds of having the beam focused on them.

Zenurik: Inanis goes invisible for 10 seconds and cannot be revealed by any means. During this time Inanis gains 40/55/70/85% movement speed buff and can pass through units. Allied units that are passed through create a mini energizing fissure that gives 10 energy a second for 7 seconds in a 3m(affected by Power Duration) radius that refreshes as long as they are within its radius. Enemies that are passed through grant Inanis 10 energy and summons a mini void fissure that corrupts up to 2 enemies. Both mini fissures interact with Implode at 20% effectiveness, with the energizing fissures giving a burst of energy instead.

Lore:

Spoiler

"The Void was dark and mysterious, indeed it could be thought of as a place of sorrow and misery. We were lost for so long... but we soon realized we were not alone in the depths of the void... A voice constantly whispered in the empty spaces of the Zariman. The voice echoed without any sound as if it were our own thoughts... It asked why hadn't we come sooner? At first I believed it to be only me that could hear it but as time went on, the Adults started to worry. I overheard them discussing among each other about how they could hear... it... each with their own message... they thought they were going insane. As the rations onboard diminished so did the grown ups, people we knew dearly vanished without a trace. We were afraid... It whispered why do we only take? I couldn't understand what it wanted... eventually only we were left... the children...The voice spoke once more, it asked to be its friend... I wanted to decline but no sound could be made... We were low on rations and soon we would starve... eventually the ship's conditioning system started to malfunction and the ship grew colder, we all huddled together in tears for heat while awaiting the final moments in tears... Then it spoke again this time it seemed angry, why do you cry, do you not like it here? I could barely speak and neither could my brethren... All I could think is why was it doing this to us... We were too weak to move and eventually I felt a deep drowsy feeling... I tried my hardest to stay awake as I saw the others close their eyes... they were motionless... I was sure this was the final breath as my eyes shut one final time. That's when I heard it, the voice... this time it thundered through the ship... It was telling us to play. We all were awake and in fear, I couldn't feel the hunger anymore, I was no longer heavy... The ship started to rumble as the sound intensified... We all ran and split up, each finding their own space, every moment felt as if the voice was getting closer... even closer... eventually it asked, why do you avoid me, aren't we friends? I held my breathing trying to not let it find me, but it already knew where I was... It knew from the first moment where I had been. I could feel its presence coming closer, but there was nothing I could do... Then I saw it... a bright light much more radiant than the star I held in memory... I shielded my eyes as it grew closer... Then it asked, do you not want to be here? I made you strong so you could play, but you still avoid me like the rest. This time the voice was full of sorrow... I screamed for reason, a reason as to why it was doing this to us. It responded with because I am all alone here. I'm always alone. Do you not like it here with me? I just broke down into tears and told it that I just wanted to go home... and so it was. Next thing I knew, I was met with the face of a Orokin, an entire heavily armed squadron behind him. That's when I knew I was back home, I tried to latch on to the friendly face, never did I have to see that thing ever again my only thought in mind. He jumped back and signaled to open fire, I was scared and just tried shielding my face as I heard the screeching sound of the bolts met with silence. I opened my eyes slowly to see them all in shock... I had held back the bolts, with powers unknown to me at the time. Then I heard the voice a final time, this is my will, you shall live with my power coursing through you, use it to keep yourself and your people alive, until the time comes. Much to the terror of the squadron, I spoke aloud, until what time comes? Just as fast as it came, the voice had disappeared. Never to be heard again... Until now. I now know its name, and understand its will." - Operator to the Lotus upon discovering Inanis

Appearance: I envision it as a slender being with a plated armor style body. It will have various visor sun glass looking sections across its body which imitate void space visually and emanates a glow similar to the void itself ingame. Many of the void white tree root systems will course through the body of Inanis. The face of Inanis will have a very intense glowing center extremely similar to the Void Map's center.

I am open to suggestions and I thank you in advance for reading my idea.

I will continue to update the thread with balances and art concepts for the moves(eventually). As well as improvements to the Lore.

Edited by Yansel
Adding weaknesses.