Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Viable For Endgame?

AfroGamerNinja

Question

Other than the Flux Rifle, all the armor ignoring weapons and the Acrid, which weapons can be effectively used in endgame scenarios?

Armor ignore

• Boltor
  • Bolto
  • Akbolto
  • Paris
  • Kunai
  • Flux Rifle
  • Lanka

Innate armor piercing

• Dread
  • Despair
  • Snipetron (both normal and Vandal)
  • Daggers + Fang

Poison

• Acrid
  • Torid

Insane damage

• Ogris

Requires mods

• All the shotguns (Accelerated Blast + Flechette)

Note: I purposely omitted the Prime variants.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

20 answers to this question

Depends on how far endgame...

Ogris and Torid can do pretty good damage to quite high levels...

But in the end all weapons get useless, then you can only depend on the powers of the almighty Nyx, Vauban and Frost ^^

Ogris, Boltor, Lanka, Snipertron V, Despair, Kuani, Acrid. Anything with armor ignore/pen really or insane damage like the Ogris. Anything without armor ignore or pen is not for end game or at least REAL end game where their are level 100+ enemies.

Also Dera is a pretty bad choice due to its low base damage and no armor ignore making it eat threw ammo at high levels.

For mid levels like 30-65 its a ok pick but a Braton Prime, Supra, or Burston can really outshine it.

Edited by dadgoat

Ogris, Boltor, Lanka, Snipertron V, Despair, Kuani, Acrid. Anything with armor ignore/pen really or insane damage like the Ogris. Anything without armor ignore or pen is not for end game or at least REAL end game where their are level 100+ enemies.

Might as well make a huge list. Expect that on my original post.

You make me sad you didn't list the king of one hitting, the Lanka. On a more serious note the Boltor would be a good weapon to invest in or the Flux if your into rifle types, and the Acrid as a side arm never hurts.

The Boltor and the Flux are already in the list. Thanks for reminding me of the Lanka, though.

I believe that any of the Dojo Research weapons could be viable for Endgame. Some are better than others, but still, there are some really good weapons in the Dojo.

So, you'd classify each weapon (other than the Torid and Acrid who have their own category) where in this list?

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

My list wouldn't really be needed anyway, your list pretty much highlights the most common research weapons that are known for how good they are. But i would say that you should try out some different ones and see which ones fit your playstyle.

For instance, weapons that have bullet travel time, like the Dera and the Supra, are a really good pair for Volt. (I'm sure you know the whole trick with his shield for these weapons)

Other than the Flux Rifle, all the armor ignoring weapons and the Acrid, which weapons can be effectively used in endgame scenarios?

Armor ignore

• Boltor
  • Bolto
  • Akbolto
  • Paris
  • Kunai
  • Flux Rifle
  • Lanka

Innate armor piercing

• Dread
  • Despair
  • Snipetron (both normal and Vandal)
  • Daggers + Fang

Poison

• Acrid
  • Torid

Insane damage

• Ogris

Note: I purposely omitted the Prime variants.

you should add every shotgun, the 150% AP mod combination is not a joke.

Edited by Dasmir

In my opinion, the only weapons that would be viable for the best endgame are weapons that can already do amazing things in t3 void defense WITHOUT a potato. Ogris needs a potato or just a flat out max serration to kill a regular corrupted corpus crewman in t3 void after 10 waves, so I would count that out. In my opinion, one of the best possible loadouts would be....

Lanka

Acrid/Despair

Orthos/Reaper Prime

(reaper prime over hate because it got buff k)

Any frame used correctly could do well.

In my opinion, the only weapons that would be viable for the best endgame are weapons that can already do amazing things in t3 void defense WITHOUT a potato. Ogris needs a potato or just a flat out max serration to kill a regular corrupted corpus crewman in t3 void after 10 waves, so I would count that out. In my opinion, one of the best possible loadouts would be....

Lanka

Acrid/Despair

Orthos/Reaper Prime

(reaper prime over hate because it got buff k)

Any frame used correctly could do well.

pretty much any weapon without potato can perform well in void T3 if it has AP.

Well, just about all of the ones you listed are really good, depending on playstle, except one: the Paris. This thing needs a LOT of love in the damage department and DEFINATELY a Thunderbolt as far as mods if you want this to go well in Endgame. Truthfully, I only grab this weapon if I want to do a stealth mission, or if I just want some fun, and grab the trusty Boltor if I'm actually going to do some serious work with it.

You can never go wrong with Hek. Especially now that we have Blaze.

Yes, there might be better guns for certain situations and different playstyles. but Hek is a classic and will take you through thick and thin. You can always rely on that thing (even if you can't snipe with it anymore :) ).

It's easier to build than the clan weapons, easier to get than prime weapons, requires just rank 4 and its mods are easy to max out (unlike serration and hornet strike).