The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26Th - 29Th July Event Ending Shorty Thread Merger

Alohoe

I notice a lot of people getting upset that others wish to have some way to continue with the event and get points. Their argument seems to be "Well if you didn't make time that's too bad!". But the fact is a lot of people, myself included, did make time. This is the time that I made to play the event! I have a child I work two jobs. Today I set aside time to play this game and get my points. I haven't made time on the other days. I have 0 points. And now there is no way for me to get any points when the statment says the event runs until noon tomorrow. This isn't my fault. You don't say that the party runs from 6-9 and complain when someone shows up at 7 with chips and dip. You keep the party rocking. It's not fair to us that made out time to play and now can't because the ships are dead. Give us a temporary key that lets us play a ship not connected to a planet. We can still get points and no resources are halved. Make a damaged ship that we can continue destroying but again won't carry consequences because the community DID finish the event. Just don't cut out the people who were busy but still wanted to show up and are now here.

It's a deadline....If you don't finish by the deadline...you pay for it. If you finish early the consequences are avoided early.

That's all there is to it...Not everyone is going to get what they wanted out of it,but you will get something at least.

Hell, I only got 53 points because I had other obligations. I'm completely ok with that. I had fun with what I could do,I knew going in I wasn't going to hit 250,and I don't care. I'll take my 2 mods,enjoy them,and get over not having as much time as I would have liked for more fun. There will be other events I DO have time for. There will be more time for fun later. I saw how fast the first three ships went down,I knew it would end early,I knew I was needed for real life events,and would miss most of the event. No big deal. I got more out of the event in the short time I had in it than anything DE could give as an award....

why cant more people be like this

So continuing past 250 for your clan is a bad thing? Being helpful is putting as much effort you feel comfortable doing, not a set ammount.

Being helpful has limits, if your the main contributor to your clan, that's great and is appreciated but with the numbers the top players have in this event, that's just carrying them. You've done your job once you get a reasonably high number like 2,000, that is a big number for a player to hold alone, more than that is because you want attention and attention for your clan, that's it. It makes issues for others which isn't helpful as the event is only dependent on each player up to 250, then it becomes a community event to destroy ships, people wanna go higher that's fine, they just passed the limit of being helpful into being selfish, some couldn't be a apart of this due to life issues. 

i got mine done. i would like to point out to all the players saying "too bad"or "cry less", if the shoe was on the other foot, they would probably QQ too.  Im have no life and had plenty of time to do it.  I can see how someone with a busy schedule that had planned to play this evening might be upset at what happened.  this doesnt mean DE should "fix" anything.  a true dynamic event, like these are supposed to be, puts the results solely in the hands of the players.  If the events might not get completed, then logically you could reason that the event could be completed early.  just my 2 pennies.

Yeah i know there are already 2 topics closed about it. Yeah i know that u farmers grinded only 2 hours to make 1 bazilion points and now u point your finger to those who didn't. Yeah i know it was plenty of time, but really, according to wiki, in this moment there are 10h till the event ends. I trusted the wiki from the begining, and now im sad...sitting here with 190 points...10 more needed at least. Why? Because trusted that. But anyway, why end the event so early? It is not fair for most of the players, and dont come to me with those "not exclusive mods". I want them and thats it!! Goddammit! Thank you warframe, thank you DE'S. Amazing job...

Seriously this is messed up. I have been very busy getting prepared to move at the start of the month and have had to work through the middle of the day every day of the event. I finally have some time to grind out the rest of the points I need and the event is over.

Edit: the event in game says it goes from July 26th - July 29th. If it was in July 29th at all it sure wasn't in my timezone. It's not like they started it at 11:30 PM on the 26th, why the heck is it over without being able to play on the 29th?

Edited by Hassohappa

Seriously this is messed up. I have been very busy getting prepared to move at the start of the month and have had to work through the middle of the day every day of the event. I finally have some time to grind out the rest of the points I need and the event is over.

And because of your personal life a video game event has to revolve around it?

Edited by Reduxe

And because of your personal life a video game event has to revolve around it?

Well I edited my post since you replied but I will reply directly to you as well. It does not have to revolve around my life, but the in game description of the event clearly states it goes from the 26th to the 29th. The event isn't available to do on the 29th so they were quite misleading when they said that.

Well I edited my post since you replied but I will reply directly to you as well. It does not have to revolve around my life, but the in game description of the event clearly states it goes from the 26th to the 29th. The event isn't available to do on the 29th so they were quite misleading when they said that.

No, it's specifically mentions the event has INTILL the 29th. There was nothing misleading in the topic.

And with this post I'm done with these topics. You guys need to stick with the original thread. Too many of these things..

Edited by Reduxe

this is sad the event is over get over it i really hope they dont make more ships -.- if they do we may as well never even bother to rush to get the points theyll just hand more opportunites to us cuz of people whining -.-' thats how MMO's work right whine enough till your handed what you want. sigh 

Man, you guys know exactly what the thread is going to be about, if you don't like it don't click on it. How petty do you have to be to ask for it to be locked?

The event description on the website even says " Your help is needed July 26 until July 29 @ 12 PM EDT!" It isn't 12 PM EDT yet, it's messed up that the event is over.

if ud been familiar with the event at all u would know that it wasnt an event tht continued as long a there was still time left... in theory we could have finished on the first day......... so its your own fault for being not so smart (sry im in a blunt mood :l) 

besides the event is still going on its just tht all the fomorian ships have been destroyed guess the fact tht the operations tab is still there isnt obvious enough...... or maybe a few stupid ppl havent realized there was one for each planet.....

Edited by Zoike

Be vigilant, Tenno! You have until July 29th to complete your mission.

how was that misleading? the deadline for completing the mission is 7/29 and we finish early. you never finish a project early before?