Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Crouching Needs Another Mechanic

Technic235

Right now crouching is essentially useless. The only time you use it is when you are ducking under some pipes or attempting to utilize the poorly implemented stealth system. Crouching needs to become a viable option. It needs a reason to exist. How do we do this? Give it a new mechanic. Something valuable and unique that can only be used by crouching. Here are a few ideas.

My first idea is actually a rip off from one of my other topics (and probably other games) but would fit perfectly with the ninja-stealth genre of this game.

- When crouching you would see enemy outlines and their footsteps (a ripple effect), to help you determine which direction theyre facing, through walls and floors

- Footsteps would sound louder to help detect if enemies are nearby

- Enemy voices would also become louder while crouched so you can hear what theyre saying to determine if they have been alerted or not based on their dialogue

- Crouching would regen stamina faster and increase your sprint speed for a second or two after standing up

Edited by Technic235

- When crouching you would see enemy outlines and their footsteps (a ripple effect), to help you determine which direction theyre facing, through walls and floors

That would be pretty neat. I wouldn't mind this.

- Enemy voices would also become louder while crouched so you can hear what theyre saying to determine if they have been alerted or not based on their dialogue

I like listening to music/podcasts while I play. As long as these aren't too loud, this is fine.

- Crouching would regen stamina faster and increase your sprint speed for a second or two after standing up

They have to be careful with this one. Since you have to crouch while running in order to do a slide, wavedashing may make a comeback.

Edited by Stefe

It makes things for stealth too much easy and enemy sense/radar half-useless.

I liked it, seems cool.

Good idead too.

Is good to give crouch a use beyond stealth.

I like listening to music/podcasts while I play. As long as these aren't too loud, this is fine.

There would be an option to turn stealth listening off.

They have to be careful with this one. Since you have to crouch while running in order to do a slide, wavedashing may make a comeback.

Crouching requires you to come to a full stop. If youre sprinting through a level crouching to sprint faster is a little counter productive.

It makes things for stealth too much easy and enemy sense/radar half-useless.

The distance for this would not be that far. Enemy Radar would still be a viable option for those trying to clear a room quickly.

Edited by Technic235

I say also add in secondary paths (like the Grineers vents we already have) but make them so small that you have to crouch through them. :D Like Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Also, this post was more about mechanics rather than alternative paths. I feel thats a whole separate topic to be discussed elsewhere.

Certain weapons gain special effects when crouching especially sniper weapons (Paris or Vulkar) and daggers, as you'll probably use a dagger more while trying to play stealth crouching, and sniper rifles are traditionally fired while crouching, for rifles it can add accuracy or penetration and reduce noise. Daggers it adds damage. 

Useless? Are you kidding? I use a lot of crouching, mainly when I go solo and want to play more tactical.

Partially agree. While enemies posessing "aimbot accuracy", you can see how it works on your own deth cube. Crewman sits behind the fence? It's good if every 4th reaching the target.