Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players vs Veteran vs Blank

Blacque

I had a terrible run in with a group that asked for my help only to call me an elitist when I decided part way through and six ammo pizzas later to call it.  So I've typed three times, about what I think and am making it as short as I can.

Plains is for new players.  Veterans got screwed here how.

The drops for the bounties are majority for new players, period. 

Enemy difficulty is for new players, even at night.  Mastery rank 0-10 wandering around at night taking it to the grineer somehow.  Because night time isn't hard or scary.

Teralyst fight is a joke because a new player can have Chroma and Trinity.

Bounty Rewards 4 and 5?  I think is the issue.

The game seems to have a hard time pleasing everyone because you can't.  The new player base got PoE, the veterans got PoE to a lesser extent then there are players like myself, who got... kind of stiffed.  We don't need Furax, or any number of the mods that drop in the plains, because we have them by the dozens.  We don't need endo, because we have duplicates, statues and Sorties to give us endo and more statues.  We don't need 2 wisps because a single resource booster on the off chance sortie changes it up once in a while will get you 2 wisps.. repeatedly... in a single venture out.

New Players, Veterans and Old heads.  I wanted to go with Masters but that implies skill and no one is making that claim, least of all me.  It feels as though the entire expansion of PoE offers only so much challenge to those two factors but the new players will not fund the next great expansion.  I'm highly dubious of anyone just starting Warframe over PoE being with Warframe another year or two now.  Why is that?  Because the emotional impact isn't there, unfortunately.  The amount of investment that mastery rank 20+ players have put into the game is shameful (I take pride in it to help me sleep).  Unfortunately because of that it  means that any new content released is not really for us.  The last stream mentioned Snipetron coming back.

I ... just face palmed.  Now maybe I'm the absolute minority.  However, players that aren't lower rank than I am have mentioned just how 'done' they are with plains.  The amount of grind that the old heads and veterans have to do to get the new content (that new players won't be able to take advantage of presumably IE amps and to a lesser extent zaw) isn't worth it.  My operator with the Mote Amp could take out a Teralyst with a team.  Now that I have a different amp that's more powerful I can take it out.... more...?  So I can get another amp to... get higher mastery rank... which...

@.@

My idea is to please for the love of _____ (Insert deity of choice) SCALE the rewards. 

Fix the match making.  I am tired of seeing mastery rank 2's out at night during my pug ventures.  I like to pug because it means a chance at actually fighting an eidalon on the fly and not just sitting back with Chroma, Trin, Harrow etc.  Again I'm more than willing to attest that I might be a very very small minority of the player base that 'has it all'.  But I've heard similar complaints and concerns.  Right now my only real investment in the plains is to never go pug and work toward storing up standing in both schools for the newer content.  Maybe the next Eidalon will require super amp powers.  Maybe the zaws will...zaw...better?

I think that every time a game tries to pull in a new crowd they miss the mark with the players that got them the ability to throw a wider net.  I think this causes a tremendous amount of frustration for the veterans, who faithfully stuck with the game during its roughest part only to get shafted when the developers release the shiniest new release.

"Thanks for all of your hard work in getting us to this point, loyal, long standing player base.  To celebrate your financing of our game we're releasing this content that is open to new players, and geared almost exclusively toward their interests, advancement and entertainment!"

This doesn't have to be the case.  The night time can be a scary place.  I'm not saying PUNT the new players back to Cetus, but make them suffer for it like the new players had to suffer with Lephantis the first time they went there before they were suppose to.  IE it Was NOT pretty.  So far I have yet to see a single new player go "night time, let's go,"

Because those new players always have a group of MR 15+ somewhere out there with them.  Just a thought.  As always any questions concerns, critique are welcome.  This is part tirade admittedly and part request for a look at the older players.  We don't have much of a say it it seems.  New players are in high demand and founders are always the noble founders.  Veterans are I dunno... but it almost feels as though there's another subsection of MORE VETERAN.

Gray heads!

Ancients! No wait-

Oldrokin?

Help me come up with something I'm bad at this.

I've got it all too, but hell if I have any sympathy toward this post.

The plains is the only bit of fun I've experienced in this game in the past 2 years - the enemies are not convoluted trash capable of BS kills, the bombards fire actual rockets which don't track you and instakill you after scaling to infinity.

I only ever Solo or Invite Only so, since I recently made a new Moon Clan out of my 4 year old solo clan, I've been taking new players around places including on Eidolon hunts and I've finally been able to experience a singular modicum of joy out of this game since Specters of the Rail ruined it for me.

I get you feel you have problems with PoE, what I don't see here are solutions. "Scale the rewards" "Fix the matchmaking" - even I don't know what you're trying to say here. You don't want to be matched up with (the majority of the playerbase) noobs? Find a clan. You want scaled rewards? Okay, what?

And no, I'm not here to white knight, in case someone actually manages to interpret that from what I've thusfar said.

I agree with Dark. some suggestions on what you want improved would be much more helpful than just "I dont like it".

I am nearly MR25 (cant wait for infested Zaw's) and I have been in the plains almost non-stop since they came out. I agree some thing could be better, in dev stream 100 they said they were going to improve the bounty drops for example, which is needed.

but complaining that the only reward for killing eidolons is better amps, I am pretty sure that is the goal of 90% of the game. play, get better-cooler stuff, to farm better-cooler stuff with.

a better amp means more kills a night, more kills a night means more focus. and focus is hard to come by.

Stop playing pugs if you don't like it, get on chat and organise a group, it's really not hard. Alternatively, finding your self in a group of new players, you could slow down, play at their pace, try and help them instead of acting like an ahole tearing off and leaving them behind. As for the difficulty level of the plains itself, its sat on Earth, what did you expect?

The developers had to strike a balance, if the developers only sought to introduce content old salts can play the game would not have lasted as long as it has. That we can chose from bounties that scale the npc's and bounty rewards is at least something, and other Eidolon are on the way. This is a new type of play space for Warframe, not content aimed solely at players with a few thousand hours under our belts. We already know they are working on other open areas, and would assume those on planets with higher tiers will feature harder content new players will understand is not really for them, content that will offer greater challenge to those that want it.

Edited by HexCaliber

To be honest, I've been rereading and still slightly confused. Is this a matchmaking issue or how content scales to us and what we choose to undertake?

Matchmaking, PUGging is what it is, take the good with the bad.

As for how content scales to a pre-formed party, well, there are different approaches and means to look at and design how we fit into the greater scheme of things.

Such as use a sort of battle leveling in conjunction with gear checks that can place players on a more level playing field and scale content more appropriately as intended by the devs. Sure more aspects would then need to be crafted, so I dunno what more could be done without other changes?

• 2 months later...

Wow I missed the mark in a big way.  Sorry if I was unclear in my original post.

Scale the rewards for higher mastery rank players.  I don't tend to throw out complaints or critiques without a suggestion.  Scale the missions, enemies to the mastery rank so that the environment offers a suitable challenge.  Match making has always been somewhat of a hit or miss situation, but it doesn't apply at all in the Plains from what I've seen.  I actually enjoy joining random pugs, and helping out, making new friends.  So the suggestion of "Organize," while not a bad one doesn't necessarily apply.  I have my own clan, I coordinate when I need or want to help them.