Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events And My Level Of Satisfaction Thereof.

Terminus-Est

Alas, I wasn't here for the Fusion Moas so I cant rate them.

Artifact Defense was pretty fun once the minor kinks were worked out (infested crawlers), though the gating on my ability to participate was... aggravating. I had to wait for the alerts which may or may not have one of the rewards I don't have yet. It was fun to participate in however and the rewards felt distinct.

The Informant Event gave me a reason to go into levels I didn't normally go into and prioritized a certain subset of skills (homing long-range abilities with medium to high damage). The reward was AWESOME. The fact that it discouraged team-play was a bit aggravating though, as well as the extremely high barrier of entry to the top-tier rewards.

The Formorian Event had me doing multiple things to accomplish it, as well as working with other players to maximize our effectiveness. The gameplay itself was fun; all of the good things about defense with not much of the bad, since I could run it without a frost and still succeed and it seemed to scale fairly well with multiple players. I don't have the reward yet, but they in theory sound cool... However a large part of this event was influenced by other people and since I waited to get my contribution with one of my clan-mates we ended up both losing out on the top tier reward, because other people played the event too much. This doesn't seem like a good mechanic, to be blunt. In retrospect, this information was kind of visible from the get-go, but I thought that since the ships were being gated in availability, there would be at least one left for the last 12 hours or so of the event.

I've had fun with all of the events I've been able to participate in, but each of them had at least one glaring flare that would have increased my enjoyment. The complexity of the events has been rising and I'm looking forward to the next one being even better :)

Events are always biased towards one part of a game. Solo, co-op, effort, commitment, etc. Since not everyone likes the same event criteria, what DE has to end up doing is release multiple event types over the course of several months. There will always be people who complain, and people who enjoyed any particular event. DE is doing its best to cater to multiple personality types. We can't exactly ask for more then that. What we can do is offer suggestions on how to make the next event better.

Personally for me? I enjoyed all 3 events. For me, the different set of criteria per event forced me to try out the game in different perspectives that I normally didn't feel like trying. It was a fun experience, minus all the grinding. I just wish there was some perfect system to cater to casuals who don't have much time to spare and hardcores who have the luxury of grinding the entire weekend. I would offer one but none such system really even exists because the two personality types are bi-polar in nature.