The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Borderless Fullscreen FPS Drop (SOLVED)

Szythers

Hey all, 

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a new NVMe SSD, although Warframe and my game library has remained on a separate internal HDD given my last Windows installation was on another m.2 SSD. Before the installation, I could run Warframe in borderless mode and still maintain a constant 60 FPS at maximum settings. Now however, 60 FPS is only maintained in true fullscreen, and borderless introduces seems to introduce a hard cap at 40, when I know my computer is capable of running the game at a consistent 60 at full settings while in borderless given I was doing it prior.

For reference, I have a 4 GB GTX 960, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and an i5-6600. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get back to how it was or a possible explanation for whats causing the drop, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT

My friend found a fix: navigate to your installation folder, right click on the executable (in my case the .x64) and select properties.

IvdpIH-qS4mfjkxp_ayoRA.png

Override scaling should be enabled by default (on .x64), so check the box for disabling full-screen optimisations and it should work. Potential fix for other issues you may be having with fullscreen. Ironic.

Ljv1vuJZTKSk4wGO4CSGqg.png

Edited by Szythers
solution