Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Mod Your "trinity" ?

semigod22

Question

inb4 "use link. end"

ive came to a point were i can choose from most of the mods ingame so now its time to make some nice build and make the warframes better i play with. this time its trinity

the only thing im sure about is that i will forma her "again" to change her aura polarity to -  for energy siphon

What do i want to do with this Trinity?

1. solo play. also nightmare mode often

2. teamplay specially high defense runs

my actual build is:

(all mods = max except vitality)

Powers: link,vampire & blessing

other mods: vitality (360%)

focus

continuity

constitution

flow

rage

now the last mod i dont know..  stretch vs streamline

stretch pro= longer range from link

streamline pro= every power = less energy

what would you prefer out of this 2?  or are any of the others mods not worth it? is it ok to not use shield mod? (but instead a high vitality mod, specially for rage)

just wanna know what u people think about it. or if u got any other nice trinity builds

11 answers to this question

Mine is basically the same as yours. I go with Streamline rather than Stretch, because Link has pretty decent range to begin with and I mostly use shotguns when soloing. In teams I use Redirection because you can get knocked down and DPS'd really hard in high level defense, and I drop Streamline and do pretty okay, but having both Streamline and Flow is pretty great solo. 

Streamline is way more important than Stretch for Trinity. With Streamline maxed you can use Link + Energy Vampire and come out ahead in energy, or use Blessing + Energy Vampire and end up only down 5 energy. Stretch is only useful for Link and even there it's rarely necessary, particularly since you have Blessing as an alternate option for invincibility (Blessing may not protect against stagger/knockdown but 95% of this comes from enemies at extremely close range).

I personally wouldn't recommend using Rage outside of nightmare mode. Energy Vampire should usually suffice to keep your energy filled and Trinity should be using abilities to prevent health loss anyway. I would recommend Rush instead. It helps you clear regular/easy missions faster, gets you from one enemy to the next quicker in nightmare mode (though in this case it would be taken in addition to Rage), and it makes it easier to scavenge for pickups between defense waves. If you don't want or need Rush for defense (well coordinated teams tend to keep one enemy alive and neutralized at the end of waves to give time to scavenge) consider Focus. This increases the amount of energy that can be leeched per usage of Energy Vampire. When things get hectic it can be difficult to coordinate Energy Vampire with allies. With Focus your allies can make it further on each leech they manage to get.

If you should ever want to take both Streamline and Stretch, both Rage and Rush, or swap in some other mod consider pulling Flow. With Streamline, Energy Vampire, and enemies present Trinity has effectively infinite energy. However, while not truly necessary, Flow is still very worthwhile to give a margin for error when there is no time to cast Energy Vampire or your allies' kills are interfering with Energy Vampire. It's all about finding the right combination of mods that works for you or fits your current situation.

One final sidenote: use of the Snipetron Vandal as a primary is highly recommended for Trinity, if available to the user. In addition to being a fantastic weapon, it is likely the best way to take full advantage of Energy Vampire. It should take just one shot to leech the maximum amount of energy, and this works even on very weak enemies. Use of the zoom can also make it much easier to successfully target a far away enemy with Energy Vampire - and far off enemies are harder for your allies to kill steal.

Edited by HoopleDoople

My plan:

Vampire, Link, Blessing

Vitality, Redirection (stay alive)

Streamline, Flow (keep spamming link/blessing when team is in tight spot)

Constitution, Continuity (maximize link/blessing)

Last slot: Rush, Fortitude, Rage or Enemy Sense.

I don't get the point of Well of Life, Blessing seems to be far more Energy/Efficient and Risk free.

Edited by Inconmon

I wanted to make a rage build work. Turns out, health as defense just doesnt scale well enough into high level endless defense to make good use of it. Toxic ancients will kill you dead before blessing can be cast.

Energy Vampire will do what you want Rage to do, but safer.

Just be sure to stack Continuity, Constitution, and Aura helmet for about 18 seconds of invul per Blessing.

reading all those comments i think i might drop rage and stretch and put in streamline and redirection

thx alot.  about nightmare and rage.. even there is a pain in the &#!.. cause with the new nightmare energy drain thing. even rage cant save u often from this drain (u must collect 1-2 orbs and instantly cast energy vampire to get some energy)

I kind of agree with everyone's toughts on Rage. I've never personally used it but swapping it out for something else is better imho since Trinity has Energy Vamp. Although I'm unsure why people wouldnt have Well of Life on as well.

I get that Blessing is overall more useful than Well of Life, but why spend 70 energy (this would be with max streamline) to heal 1 person maybe when you can simply use Well of Life and have that person wail on it to get health back for like 17 or 18 energy. I see that basically people tend to swap out to fit another utility mod; since you can't have; Focus, Flow, Streamline, Constitution, AND Continuity without removing a power.

However, Focus only gives 30% extra. For Energy Vampire that's a total of 130 energy; not really that good imho.

Anyways I personally will be running the whole duration type Trinity:

Power Slots: Blessing, Energy Vampire, Link, Well of Life (all max)

D slots: Vitality, Redirection (both of mine are at 200% currently)

Unpolarized: Streamline, Continuity, Constitution, Flow (at 125%)

Aura: Energy Siphon/ Rejuvination

Again I wanna say I don't see the real use of Focus; and so no real need to have it in there since it really only affects Energy Vampire by a little bit. Moving on to my Aura, I'll generally end up using Rejuvination over Energy Siphon mostly because yes 0.6 energy/sec is nice; but I'm pretty sure the rest of your group will generally be running it anyway so 18 energy/10sec should be plenty. Also unless you can Forma to change the Aura polarity off D, only Rejuvination and Physique will give you 14 more mod cap; the rest giving you 5 mod cap. With the 14 you could easily put in 400% Vitality and Redirection as well as max out Flow.

Just my thoughts and opinion of the matter :P

Don't max out Energy Vampire. Even at rank 0 you get the full benefit of the skill after dealing only 500 damage, which isn't hard if your weapons are at all decent. All ranking it up does is make the skill last longer, which is bad because it means you can cast it less often.

Don't max out Energy Vampire. Even at rank 0 you get the full benefit of the skill after dealing only 500 damage, which isn't hard if your weapons are at all decent. All ranking it up does is make the skill last longer, which is bad because it means you can cast it less often.

After reading this I re-read the wiki post on Energy Vamp and totally noticed it said it caps at 100 no matter what; so I agree its kind of pointless having a max Energy Vamp now. Only thing it'd affect is duration.

So if we look at that (assuming the 3 duration things for Trinity are in use for this; so ~83%)

Rank 0 Energy Vamp: 5sec base; 9sec with max duration

Rank 3 Energy Vamp: 9sec base; 16sec with max duration

It's likely that one can do 500 damage within 9sec so hurray; no need for any mod cap for Energy Vampire?