Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Ending Early: Operation Sling-Stone

Malaheart

I feel that when the event finished they should have unlocked all the ships for people to maximize their points. Similar to how they left the informers for the last 2 hours of that event. The event would be complete so there would be no chance of loosing resources coz quite frankly we rocked it. But the ships should have come back to allow others to get the most mods they can. 

I think that would actually be a better solution than my proposed one.

I agree with op in that a little bit of communnication would help considering all that we got was one page about it that didn't have many in game information, in fact i had a hard time finding where to find out how many points i had. But the notion of adding ships till the very end would be silly becuase it would be a guaranteed failure, so it was more assumed that it would only last till we killed the last ship.

I was not implying right to the end i.e. guaranteed failure. I was trying to say that if the event had 3 hours left and it took the community 2 and a half hours to do Mercury the first time round, then they could have added Mercury to take it to the finish. However, as I said in a previous post, I think that Kr4t0s' solution of opening all Fomorian ships to be exploited to the end of the event once victory had been attained is probably a better way of doing it.

Edited by djbazzsta

First I'd like to say: Bad that you didn't make it, but that's about it.

How often are you getting informed about an incoming onslought from your enemy? At least I haven't experienced the russian telling the US-boys "hey, watchout, we're setting sails towards you".

We got some information, but not all. May also learn this for future events :)

If you want to try and bring "realism" into it, the answer is pretty often actually, it's just a matter of reading the signs like increased traffic: afterall, things like troops, materials, etc. don't typically materialize out of nowhere. ;-)

4 hours early... well, I guess the Grineer could try to invade the sun. For all the hydrogen.

Mind, they would have to do it at night.

You may say my post was four hours early, I say it was nine hours late. My post is not about the event it's self, Its about the communication leading up to and during the event about how/when it would end.

You may say my post was four hours early, I say it was nine hours late. My post is not about the event it's self, Its about the communication leading up to and during the event about how/when it would end.

Sorry my bad - but there were Youtube teaser videos pretty much the whole week leading up to the event

I was a few runs away from 250, I went to bed thinking I could just do the rest when I woke up. I only received 4 mods, so does anyone know what the 5th one was? I received the Rifle conversion, pistol, shotgun, and bow. Just really curious as to what I missed out on.

Should be a sniper rifle mod.

Edited by djbazzsta

I am not really a fan of timed events. I do not like the idea of people being rewarded for simply logging in at the right time for alerts/events and getting new items. Items should be rewarded to players that are able to beat difficult content, not because they can log in at the right time.

Some people cant seem to get the gist of the message OP is asking. It's about clear information about the event.

"Calling all Tenno! Your help is needed July 26 until July 29 @ 12 PM EDT!"

"Be vigilant, Tenno! You have until July 29th to complete your mission. "

This were the information posted up from DE. It was misleading. People thought they had time until july 29 @ 12 pm EDT to continue the event. That was until they realize that this event was dependent on the AVAILABILITY of the fomorian ships.

No more ships = cannot take part in the event regardless of the date.

A little bit more info/clearer info wouldn't hurt us..would it?

I'm not sure why you felt the event wasn't a farm fest. It was essentially more of the same gameplay. Go kill infested over and over and over until you get a certain number of alphas and betas. Afterwards go kill a bunch of grineer and rush out of the ships.

Rinse and repeat 25-30 times if you are efficent.

Thinking the same. If a event is announced to last to the 29th 18.00 (GMT+1) everyone should have the chance to get his 250 points until the last second. Maybe let one fomorian live which already counts as defeated and announce it with a message like this as description:

"One fomorian ship still floats helpless in space. If you wish, you can continue your mission to make it unmistakably clear that the Tenno wont be deedless if another galatic war is about to arise."

Something like this could be a compromise for everyone who had not the time yet to participate at this event.

Pretty much all of this.  I was even helping a friend get to the 250, and was practically falling asleep at my computer.  I thought 'ok, we can call it quits for tonight and continue this tomorrow'.  Well, turns out that he missed it, because we both thought we could get points for the entire time.  On a side note, I could honestly see that message in game.

And to finish off what I have to say for all this is remember, this is still in beta, so it should be understandable that things aren't yet perfect.

Pretty much all of this.  I was even helping a friend get to the 250, and was practically falling asleep at my computer.  I thought 'ok, we can call it quits for tonight and continue this tomorrow'.  Well, turns out that he missed it, because we both thought we could get points for the entire time.  On a side note, I could honestly see that message in game.

And to finish off what I have to say for all this is remember, this is still in beta, so it should be understandable that things aren't yet perfect.

It is understandable to there are problems during beta. What is not understandable is having a people making posts like "stop complaining, you snooze you loose."

I am not really a fan of timed events. I do not like the idea of people being rewarded for simply logging in at the right time for alerts/events and getting new items. Items should be rewarded to players that are able to beat difficult content, not because they can log in at the right time.

Alerts are timed because the skins that appear in them are pretty much cosmetics and are therefore a source of income for DE, however they offer limited chances to obtain them completely for free in a way that doesn't flood the playerbase with them. Similar with Catalysts and Reactors, they are very powerful items and difficulty would disappear for a lot of people if they could put one in all of their items, it also gives players a reason to check out all the frames and weapons before deciding on an item to 'potato'. It keeps things fair and allows us to have every gameplay effecting item for free without destroying their income or the games difficulty.

With events, they last up to 3 days, that's a pretty long time, even the 2 1/2 days this one lasted is long, if you have absolutely no free time in the space of 2 1/2 days straight then that's hardly DE's fault. Anyway these events are supposed to mix up the normal routine of gameplay, if you reduced them down to having them all the time it would just become monotonous. 

Also by having them on a time limit it adds in a sense of urgency which often makes people push the limit of how they can play to do the missions as fast as possible, it inadvertently creates an opportunity for self-creating difficultly. There is a challenge there that maybe they should capitalize on, by adding optional leaderboards for things like 'fastest runs' or maybe even add nightmare modes with extra points on offer. 

However they can't simply make the entire event difficult because like it or not the majority of players probably can't handle high level content, alienating large chunks of the playerbase is not what these events are about, it's about the opposite; bringing the community together for a single cause.

I'm not sure why you felt the event wasn't a farm fest. It was essentially more of the same gameplay. Go kill infested over and over and over until you get a certain number of alphas and betas. Afterwards go kill a bunch of grineer and rush out of the ships.

Rinse and repeat 25-30 times if you are efficent.

Maybe I should have said it was not as much farming or varied farming at least. But yes with both the Fusion Moa event and the Spy Drone event the most effective strategy was to farm endless waves in a mission forever. This event was much better on that front, at least you had to do two missions.

It is understandable to there are problems during beta. What is not understandable is having a people making posts like "stop complaining, you snooze you loose."

The title of this forum is "Gameplay Feedback". The only way the developers know their player base has an issue is if they provide that feedback. This is just what I, and many other posters are doing. If you disagree post why, if you agree, again, post why. Everyone has a voice here but please try to add to add your ideas to the conversation. Your opinions are all valuable and I think we would all love to hear them. This is in general whitejackale, you're alright.

Edit: Fixed run-on sentence, and added the "At least you had to do two missions" comment to the end of the first reply.

Edited by Malaheart