Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Pvp

Askobin

First off, don't let the door slap you in the &#! as you leave. The rest of us will be enjoying our space ninja status.

Second, that's why we support PvE, so it GROWS. PvP games are everywhere, even in games where it should never be there. See your Dead Space 2. PvP also practically BREEDS angry gamers with the tendency to yell same-gender-relationship-preferring-individual over the microphone at any and all people who either play better/differently/because they can. See your Call of Duty. When you bring competitiveness into any situation, it can almost certainly be relied upon to bring out the worst in people, with very few good people. Consequently, when you make something team oriented, you tend to bring out the best of people with very few bad people.

Not everything needs PvP, and frankly, I'd prefer if more games didn't. If you truly enjoy a story, you'll be willing to go through it again and again, regardless of how much you may already know it. And in Warframe's case, if you truly enjoy being a space ninja, you'll keep being a space ninja as long as you can.

Thanks for being a good representative of the "calm PvE gamer" I really appreciate your attitude towards myself and my ideas. It really gives me a lot of respect for the well mannered and understanding stereotype you think that PvE games somehow create.

As you and probably most other players that have tried warframe I'm sure you've played 100s of games both PvE and PvP and people who rage can be found anywhere. I've had my fair share of aggressive attitudes in world of warcraft. All you're doing is making assumptions about groups of people based on stereotypes that you back up with nothing.

This game is competitive, every game is competitive and to pretend like it doesn't exist lowers the value of your arguement even more.

On the topic of Warframe's story, you have to be kidding me? There's about 10 paragraphs worth of story content and it's mostly fluff. I wouldn't mind playing levels in this game if there was an actual story to follow but there's no legitimate story at this point and each level is essentially the same.

You couldn't just "balance" the frames without completely reworking large parts of their functionality, which wouldn't really work.

A vauban with Bastille and an Ogris will always dominate. He traps you and blows you up in a single shot every time. And even if this was multi-way PvP it would kill everyone within the blast radius. Same thing can easily happen with Rhino stomp.

Then you have the frames whose abilities are quite worthless in PvP, such as Nyx or Loki.

How would you balance between a frame with *zero* offensive abilities, that dont work on players (Looking at you Loki), and a frame such as Frost?

And what about the one frame that can make herself completely invulnerable and redirect the damage she takes back to you?

And then you have the weapons themselves. Things like the Ogris or Torid or Kunai would dominate while other weapons wouldn't even be considered because they would be worthless compared to those.

As it is, there would be no way to "balance" the frames. Sure, you can say that they just have to make PvP only frames, but that takes development time away from PvE, and they need to focus on the PvE and put more stuff in it. Trying to tackle PvP would only gimp the PvE aspects of this game.

I just hope that DE never implements much more PvP than they have already.

There's no reason to rework current frames in the game if you implement PvP specific mods and frames and only allow those warframes and mods in pvp. PvE warframes would be excluded from PvP and PvP warframes would be excluded from PvE and the only interactions between PvP and PvE players would be the farming of parts to build PvP warframes if you weren't able to acquire them at the start/ through doing PvP.

Edited by Monkeytofu

Thanks for being a good representative of the "calm PvE gamer" I really appreciate your attitude towards myself and my ideas. It really gives me a lot of respect for the well mannered and understanding stereotype you think that PvE games somehow create.

As you and probably most other players that have tried warframe I'm sure you've played 100s of games both PvE and PvP and people who rage can be found anywhere. I've had my fair share of aggressive attitudes in world of warcraft. All you're doing is making assumptions about groups of people based on stereotypes that you back up with nothing.

This game is competitive, every game is competitive and to pretend like it doesn't exist lowers the value of your arguement even more.

On the topic of Warframe's story, you have to be kidding me? There's about 10 paragraphs worth of story content and it's mostly fluff. I wouldn't mind playing levels in this game if there was an actual story to follow but there's no legitimate story at this point and each level is essentially the same.

I make assumptions based on my experience. In any game I've played where there is PvP, almost every single person in competitive PvP is angry, yelling, same-sex-phobic individuals who want nothing more than to be the best at the game. Yes, there are a few exceptions to this, but over the years, that's the same trend I've seen. I've seen it even worse in MOBAs. Dota 2, LoL, both of those games have communities that would tear you apart for being new, or inexperienced. It wasn't until I went into the practice games, and met people who only really play against bots did I find anyone worth playing with for more than one game. I never meant it to be that ragers are only in PvP, it's just that they are more prevalent there.

As for that stereotype bit up at the top of your post, this is basically PvP right now. Two people going at it to see who has the better argument. In game, where the only argument is really 'hey hold that elevator, i'm almost there.' 'no i can't, the timer is about to run out and I need these plastids,' i see so few people yelling at each other or getting angry or anything. The most I've seen is someone ST-ing someone up into the starting area of Xini so the game can go on. And even then we just made sure the AFK-er died first.

Now, for your story comment. We know. The Devs know, it's in production. The framework has been laid out and started, all that happens now is filling it in. We know the Tenno are on the bring of extinction, so them killing each other is pointless, especially since it's been said they trust each other implicitly. Why would they fight to the death over a flag? Why would they see how many of each other than can murder in a time limit? Story directs gameplay. In this case, the story directs the gameplay to not be PvP, aside from the small 1v1 dueling which is really just sparring.

And finally, the only competitive bits in this game are the bits you put on yourself. I see nothing anywhere outside of weekend events where I'm being compared to people. I see no leaderboards, no top ranking Tenno, no numba juan killah anywhere, outside of weekend events. The Events are pretty much the ONLY competitive bits in the game that are actually part of the game and not something the players put on themselves.