Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Updated] QoL Improvements/Suggestions for PoE

(PSN)Zero_029

On 12/19/2017 at 1:06 PM, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Focus as it is right now is in a good place, it gives many useful options and all focus schools have something to offer to some degree. If it's too steep to sit down for half an hour with your focus schools open and read through your options and learn what you can get, then yes, you're a lazy player and focus just isn't for you and therefor the benefit isn't available. I'm sorry to be so blunt but that's just it, sit down and read and it becomes simple, just like anything else in warframe. The only "problem" is the lack of explaining warframe have for mechanics, everything have to be found externally (this does not apply to region chat, because that's as useful as just guessing and hoping for the best).

And as for Hydron/Banshee cheese, I'd dare to say, if you're a veteran using that option, you don't know your cheeses very well. It's a mechanic used by newer players who see it done because it's easy, not because it's effective.

You're fine. I'm not Offended at all. I welcome the discussion.

I'm not really speaking for myself. I'm talking players in general.

The average player will not spend a half hour reading & crunching the numbers for focus. Part of this is Warframe's issue of not explaining anything.

Focus however also is very punishing if you take into account you have no idea what your purchased ability is really like.

Every Focus School has some abilities that are real headscratchers. As they seem to do nothing/aid nothing/contribute nothing.

On December 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

You're fine. I'm not Offended at all. I welcome the discussion.

I'm not really speaking for myself. I'm talking players in general.

The average player will not spend a half hour reading & crunching the numbers for focus. Part of this is Warframe's issue of not explaining anything.

Focus however also is very punishing if you take into account you have no idea what your purchased ability is really like.

Every Focus School has some abilities that are real headscratchers. As they seem to do nothing/aid nothing/contribute nothing.

While you're right in the average player doesn't spend half an hour reading and learning focus, these same people shouldn't be taken in to account for how the math behind things work, because they don't even bother looking up how affinity works in the first place. I'm sorry to be so blunt and careless towards that type of players, but the charm of warframe have always been a hugely complex system with lots to learn, take that away and we're gonna have Destiny Poo in the end and I for one is not interested in warframe going casual.

That being said, there should still be taken cosiderations towards casual players, perhaps some in game library or tutorial on how affinity works, perhaps that'll reduce the number of Banshees and Embers going strong on Hydron with Sound Quake and World on Fire trying to level a weapon. The game needs some kind of teaching aspect, it does NOT need to change any of the affinity mechanics or focus point mechanics. In regards to the head scratchers of the focus schools, it's a matter of context, how could the Vazarin few seconds of being invincible be of any use? If you're doring a survival and need to get through a horde of enemies to pick up life support, it could come in really handy. They all have one area where they'd be handy to have, without being a must to have. It's what makes focus schools great if you ask me, they are an improvement to ease your gameplay, but not a must to complete anything.

Focus isn't punishing, if you sit down and read what the different nodes does, pay just a very small amount attention to the game being played and learning it, and considering how little effort it takes to find a focus school and read about it (10 minutes at the most), without even having to leave the game, then I'm supprised that anything is confusing about focus. That's the point where I get reminded, that so many people just want a ready made OP build and step by step guide given to them, for free, and go to what ever end game warframe has left, skipping everything along the way, is that the kind of people the game should be developed around or should the developers take in to consideration the people that sink in the time and have been returning for years and will return for years to come? I'd say this much, if I was developing Warframe I would pay far more attention to veterans and players with 1000+ hours, than a player with 200 hours complaining about not getting enough of the strong items.