The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im A Newb

capt3

Question

hey  , few questions from a nub,  & i gotta said this game kinda unfriendly toward new players, not much info on basix i found so far.  

1  how do u use a mod or how i equip it?

2 how do i use abilities or where is a list of commands for abilities etc

3 is this game doable if never buy platinum?

4  how do i get a sentinel

5 how do i get help ingame from players or like join a guild/clan ?

ty for any wanting to help by answer this .. greetz

9 answers to this question

1. click arsenal, click the wrench on your warframe or weapon

2. equip ability mods, and use them in game (button 1,2,3 and 4.

3. Yes it is.

4. you buy blueprint from marked and make it in foundry when you got the materials, found throughout the solar system

5. ask in the chat if you need help, and if you wanna join a clan, shout out in the recruitment chat, or on the forum in the "Find a clan" section

Also, we have all been new at some point. Don't be ashamed of that. I hope my answers helps, if you got more just let me know.

Edited by Zareek

1.  Arsenal -> Look at whichever weapon/warframe you want to mod and click the small wrench icon.  Then drag mods into those slots.  (Fuse them to make them stronger).  Note, a Level 0 cannot be modded until leveled.  Match polarities for better efficiency. 

2. 1,2,3,4 to use abilities once those mods are applied to your warframe

3. Yes.  You'll just have to pick and choose. (but I suggest you support DE

4. Buy BP in Market tab.  DON't use Platinum to buy it like I did.

5.  Just ask questions in Region Chat.  People talk a lot there.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

^^^^^^USE THIS ^^^^^^

DAMMIT I WAS SPACE NINJA'D by Zareek

Edited by Lanieu

Say what? https://warframe.com/game/quickstart

As for Sentinel, you just need to check up the market... he is there.

As for Platinum, you can get anything that is "vital" to play ingame, free of charge, although, by creating your account you already have been given 50 platinum, use it wisely.

As for mods, just go to the warframe page, where you select your warframe and weapons, and you have there a "key" can't remember the correct name, just click on it and the panel for modding will appear, just drag the mod you want to it.

You will need mod points to use mods, for that, you gain those points by leveling your frame and/or weapon.

0. You should've never bought that Avatar with your platinum. Save it for slots and slots.

1. Hard to explain, watch this. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

2. How to use Warframe Skills? Equip like mods, and use 1,2,3,4. Shown on Tutorial.

3. Yes it is, although, you need to delete your some of your current items and weapons, because you're not going to be able to have enough slots. Pick the weapon and warframe you love.

4. Market. 100k each.

5. Recruiting chat next to region, ask for clans or squads, and people will be happy to help.

Edited by Scanation

1) Once you get a few levels on any weapon, go to your arsenal, click the wrench on whatever you want to attach a mod to, and click and drag the mod card into any position above where your mod cards are. I recommend going to find a video or looking on the wiki if you really want to know more about mods.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

2)Abilities are socketed in the same way mods are. Therefore you need to get a few levels on your warframe before you can use any of your abilities, unless you place an aura on your warframe which could give you enough extra mod capacity in order to socket the ability(ies). Once you have it equipped, in game in the top right of your screen under your health you'll have the ability to cast whatever ability you have socketed once you gain the energy for it. 

3)You can play through the game if you never buy platinum, but I recommend buying some later on when you start to go for more warframes/weapons so you can actually carry them.

4)A sentinel blueprint can be obtained in the market for 100k credits. You must then build the sentinel in the foundry. After it finishes building and you claim it, you're going to have to equip it using the "View sentinel" option in your arsenal. Which is one of the options next to the warframe customization. 

5)Ask questions in regional chat, they tend to be pretty nice about questions, ask questions on the forums, that kind of thing. In order to join a clan, you're going to have to be invited by someone in that clan who has the ability to invite players. So generally you might ask in the "Recruitment" chat or ask on the forums for a clan invite/look on the forums for a clan you may want to join and post on the thread that you want to join them. To accept this clan invite (or decline one), go to contacts, click on the button next to the X, and you'll see the clan tab.

Edited by Haldark

Another thing about your first question, notice that the wrench appears for your Warframe and all the current weapons you have equipped. (Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Melee Weapon) Make sure to load up mods for each of your weapons.