The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I'll die a happy man if I never see Octavia again.

Siekier

This might turn into a rant, but I'll try my best to avoid it.

Octavia is making Plains of Eidolon unplayable for me. For some reason, her Metronome visual effect (those waves coming out from her position) are just slaughtering my FPS.

It's not as bad on normal tilesets such as Grineer Galleon / Corpus Gas City etc, it will still usually drop my FPS a bit but it's not terrible.

On PoE though? It's insane. I usually have around 40 frames per second doing usual stuff on the plains (which includes combat), but the moment I look in the direction of Octavia with her #3 active, it drops to 10-15 FPS, even less.

Example from just a moment ago - standing in the Cetus / plains corridor at the end of a bounty, 65 FPS, basically nothing on the screen aside from 3 frames in idle position.

Then Octavia swoops in, stands right beside me and when I look directly at her - boom, 6 FPS.

Six frames per second, just because of that waves visual effect. What the hell.

Nothing else has this kind of destructive effect on my FPS. Mirage with Kohm way back when it created dozens of flashy projectiles out of thin air? No problem, no massive fps drops.

PoE itself works fine on my computer. It might hitch a little bit in some extreme cases (like 20 infested exploding at the same time due to Jat Kittag augment explosion).

I'm hoping that the devs can figure something out (sorry, but the latest change on the effect from 22.4 didn't help, it's still terrible) or, at the very least, someone might give me a piece of advice on what setting I can lower to make it bearable.

Gotta say though, I don't like it that I would have to lower the quality of all the other effects just because one frame sticks out like a sore thumb.

Few facts:

I'm playing on a laptop, Lenovo Z510

- i5-4200M

- 16GB DDR3

- GeForce GT 740M

- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

My settings:

7yVmxFK.jpg

qEZZWUj.jpg

059Ulgp.jpg

Edited by Siekier
Included screenshots of video settings

13 hours ago, PrOF_k said:

Hey, since when did you start having this issue? My best guess would be something involving the newly changed FX from 

I can tell for sure that I had this issue before 22.4

I came back from a break when Update 22 came out and I had the same performance problems caused by her even before the recent change to her visual effect was introduced.

It's possible I would have the same kind of problems even back when Octavia just came out, but it's only a speculation.