The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime Mod Set Up.

Darktemplar333

Question

13 answers to this question

In my opinion I would put in him - Snow Globe, Avalanche, Ice Wave (Super optional, I just think it's fun), Flow, Redirection, Fast Deflection, Vitality, Continuity, Stretch, Focus, Streamline (You'll need to take out Ice Wave for this).

snow globe, continuity, constitution, flow, streamline, stretch redirection and/or vitality

anything else is optional just add what you want till slots are full... though this is more for endless def missions than anything else.

Edited by alchemistjkt

Where does Frost Prime come from if you don't mind me asking?  The towers?

In my opinion I would put in him - Snow Globe, Avalanche, Ice Wave (Super optional, I just think it's fun), Flow, Redirection, Fast Deflection, Vitality, Continuity, Stretch, Focus, Streamline (You'll need to take out Ice Wave for this).

1. yes frost prime comes from the towers but the main blueprint is the rarist of the four and 2. I will be using all the skills so if i get a chance i'll try out those mods. thanks

I actually prefer not to use Stretch on Frost due to Snow Globe. It's most useful for defending pods and terminals from bullets in Grineer and Corpus defense missions and a good emergency shield regeneration spot. As such I want to keep the globe as small as possible to prevent ranged enemies from entering the globe and firing at the pod from the inside. For melee units it hardly matters wether the globe is huge or not from my experience.

I suggest using Constitution instead of Stretch for even more duration, or Focus for more damage on Ice Wave and Avalanche.

Which aura would you guys recommend to use with frost prime? Now I have this: http://i.imgur.com/Sc9mma5.jpg but I'm constantly improving and checking what's most necessary to have. Seems I got it wrong with steel fiber, but when I was considering which mods should I put, there were no dual mods like now from nightmare mode. xD

Edited by Dataz

Which aura would you guys recommend to use with frost prime? Now I have this: http://i.imgur.com/Sc9mma5.jpg but I'm constantly improving and checking what's most necessary to have. Seems I got it wrong with steel fiber, but when I was considering which mods should I put, there were no dual mods like now from nightmare mode. xD

If this is being used mainly for defense missions, I would drop stretch, rush, and steel fiber, and maybe vitality too.  Put in fast deflection, continuity, streamline, and constitution.

I actually prefer not to use Stretch on Frost due to Snow Globe. It's most useful for defending pods and terminals from bullets in Grineer and Corpus defense missions and a good emergency shield regeneration spot. As such I want to keep the globe as small as possible to prevent ranged enemies from entering the globe and firing at the pod from the inside. For melee units it hardly matters wether the globe is huge or not from my experience.

I suggest using Constitution instead of Stretch for even more duration, or Focus for more damage on Ice Wave and Avalanche.

This makes me as an Ogris user rather sad. I always forget that I can shoot OUTSIDE of a globe for the explosion, so I tend to aim inside when enemies get into it.

--

Anyways, I would get mods that increase power duration as well as mods that increase shields, health, and armor. Armor isn't a priority, but it's always nice to have. If you have the mod space.

Ignore Freeze. Take off Avalanche if you have a team that is sure to have a good Saryn/Nova/Etc. If you plan to get into higher levels, take off Ice Wave.

Avalanche has low damage, and so does Ice Wave. They are okay for low levels, but I'd like higher level runs to just have Miasma and Molecular Prime all over the place instead. My job would be to focus on Snow Globing the pod as well as staying alive:

My mod setup for high level defense would be:

Redirection

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Fast Deflection

Snowglobe

Stretch/Rush/Streamline

Continuity

Constitution

Keep in mind that you have to be power efficient with this. Hopefully enough enemies are dropping enough energy. You won't be using Snowglobe much with power duration fortunately. 

I don't usually do general gameplay with a Frost, but if I did, my setup would be:

Rush

Snowglobe

Ice Wave/Continuity

Flow

Streamline

Redirection

Fast Deflection

Consitution

Let me explain myself. The main reason I said Stretch is because of Ice Wave and Avalanche which became much more useful with an increased range. Snow Globe benefits from it too since It can protect not only the pod but my teammates too.

I just want to say my build is made for a multi-purposed Frost, not only for defense since the OP did not specify with what intention he will use Frost. If he is not using Frost as a defense-only Warframe, I would say my build would offer a much more fun experience since you actually can use other skills other than Snow Globe and since the OP has replied he will be using all his skills, I think I made my point.

Edited by J.C.Santos

Let me explain myself. The main reason I said Stretch is because of Ice Wave and Avalanche which became much more useful with an increased range. Snow Globe benefits from it too since It can protect not only the pod but my teammates too.

I just want to say my build is made for a multi-purposed Frost, not only for defense since the OP did not specify with what intention he will use Frost. If he is not using Frost as a defense-only Warframe, I would say my build would offer a much more fun experience since you actually can use other skills other than Snow Globe and since the OP has replied he will be using all his skills, I think I made my point.

I absolutely understand the reasoning behind using Stretch on Frost, and I don't think a Stretch build is necessarily bad, wrong or not fun to play. Personally, though, I usually had problems with enemies getting into the Snow Globe or getting caught in the Snow Globe to begin with, which is not exactly fun if you're on low health and trying to regenerate shields. I found that problem to be particuarly bothersome with bosses as as well, so I admit I shouldn't have focused so much on defense in my first post.

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest an alternative which I personally find more fun to play. In the end, using Stretch or not is a matter of preference, and not a matter of being better or worse, so I encourage the OP to try out both and see which way suits his/her playstyle better.