Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Needed Overhaul That Will Never Happen.

Onite

But they have to be careful: with the actual system, they are probably making "quick" money from players on the short term, but it should not lure them; more important is the retention of players on the long terms. 

Completely agreed.

Thankfully there is some awesome feedback on these forums.  And from what a certain DE employee told me, they are addicted to these forums.

I have the hope in my heart that they are dreaming up some truly amazing stuff.

I do know that they want longevity from this game.  No developer wants to see their game die.  Only good things will come to them if this game is a slammin' success.

We'll see pretty soon, as they consolidate the core of the game before official release.

I sincerely hope they pull from the PS4 launch date.

4 months doesn't seem like enough time to me.  I don't want to see Warframe become another 5/10 or 6/10 reviewed game about "what could have been."

Catalyst/reactor would have a proper role, fully differentiated from the forma's role.

Players, even for a fully forma'd weapon, wouldn't be able to equip more than 3 fully overclocked mods.  It would "force" players to be creative in the builds.

Just trying to add some creative suggestions - rather than spew more doom and gloom (not that it isn't unwarranted unfortunately.) 

I've long wondered why we can't have an option to say, fuse 3 forma - into a new mod slot for a weapon / frame. With perhaps a max of 2 new slots for any one item. It would allow us more freedom to utilise more 'fringe' or 'experiemental' type mods like Thunderclap, Charged Chamber, and Antitoxin. So often I find myself with 14 mod points or more to spare on a weapon, and thinking "wouldn't it be perfect if I could add ______" before realising I'm out of slots.

Sure balance would have to be considered, perhaps each new slot starts with a polarity and you have to polarize them if it's not what you want? 

But it'd help promote a bit more creativity with mod loadouts. 

Just trying to add some creative suggestions - rather than spew more doom and gloom (not that it isn't unwarranted unfortunately.) 

I've long wondered why we can't have an option to say, fuse 3 forma - into a new mod slot for a weapon / frame. With perhaps a max of 2 new slots for any one item. It would allow us more freedom to utilise more 'fringe' or 'experiemental' type mods like Thunderclap, Charged Chamber, and Antitoxin. So often I find myself with 14 mod points or more to spare on a weapon, and thinking "wouldn't it be perfect if I could add ______" before realising I'm out of slots.

Sure balance would have to be considered, perhaps each new slot starts with a polarity and you have to polarize them if it's not what you want? 

But it'd help promote a bit more creativity with mod loadouts. 

There is something good in your suggestion, but it should not make it so you can put too many high ranked mod.  But if it mean more less powerful mods, and give birth to a wider diversity of viable builds, it's a yes for me.

I even thought about being able to forma many times a mod slot so the polarities are cumulative, but it needs 2 formas, then 4, then 8 (or 2-3-4 if too drastic) to have a "Universal Mod Slot".  It is unnecessary like this is right now, but with a better generalisation/specialization/balanced mod points system, it could be useful to give more flexibility on the fly. It would go well with my overclocking system too.  And it would stimulate the economy.

Edited by JamesSergon

Well, we can try to organize the things that the community agrees upon that need change.

Such as:

-Armor Scaling

-Reliance on RNG (we just got a response from DE about this)

What else do we all agree on?

Do I hear a:

~"better enemy AI / coding that rewards various different strategies" in there? 

Oh and maybe a:

~"overhaul of the powers system - reducing the way powers deal out damage: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89218-molecular-prime-in-relation-to-other-abilities/?p=1010090

and perhaps increasing the overall rarity of power / changing the way power is collected: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89218-molecular-prime-in-relation-to-other-abilities/?p=1024822

Do I hear a:

~"better enemy AI / coding that rewards various different strategies" in there? 

Oh and maybe a:

~"overhaul of the powers system - reducing the way powers deal out damage: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89218-molecular-prime-in-relation-to-other-abilities/?p=1010090

and perhaps increasing the overall rarity of power / changing the way power is collected: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89218-molecular-prime-in-relation-to-other-abilities/?p=1024822

~ Improvements to the melee system and making it more viable including block and dodge