Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Color Palete

LeopoldObelix

As my clan mates and I have been talking on Clan fixes and additions this felt like something I should share with all of you, an idea for a Free-To-Play addition that allows more colors for players who aren't wanting to spend money or don't have the patience to wait for a holiday event. (I am obviously neither of those, just thinking about the noobs is all)

We have been putting together pigments and colors for the dojo, but they don't feel useful outside of this, and I hope this may be something people could get behind and endorse for both clans and new players alike

.face-painting-kit-box-800x800.jpg

The Clan Color Palete:

This idea takes all of the pigments and colors we collect in the Tenno Lab and puts them for a more active use. 

As the clan finishes a pigment then the individual player is allowed to either:

A. Purchase an empty Palete for Platinum (Similarly to how players have to purchase clan emblems currently) and then add these colors into the otherwise blank pallete. *Not a fan of this because I feel that the clan emblem shouldnt have to be bought anyway but thats just me*

B. A Purchasable Blueprint to which after being built in the foundry players can add the colors the clan finishes into this palete and then use them as they want on Warframe parts.

After obtaining this blank palete the players can then either purchase and build the individual colors, or simply purchase the color outright for credits.

These options, of course, would be either:

(X) Amount of Credits Only- Probably somewhere from 15,000 to 25,000 Credits per color

Blueprint Purchase of (X) Credits, followed by Build costs of Common Resources emphasis on common, as this is ideally for newer players. At most I would say Gallium and Morphics are resources that could be used, but outside of that keep them simple and keep them common.

After, this would then be added to the inventory of the player as a color, or if inventory clogging is a problem here is an alternative option:

As colors and pigments are finalized within the dojo players for a cost of credit/resources could return to the Tenno Lab and effectively "Update" Their color palete, unlocking sections that were currently unlocked within the clan, similar to how the Original Pallete is locked. 

As a final option, and I do not recommend this in the slightest as it would be far more a resource and drain then it is worth, but the pigments could be used as a consumable dye, allowing the player a limited number of changes, say 10 colorations per Blueprint, similarly to how the Fishing Dye is built 10 at a time. 10k-15k credits from the Tenno Lab per Blueprint and then the Dye can be either used in a Single Coloration (IE: Editing Primary, Secondary, etc colors individually) Or for a single item (IE: Coloring all 5 sections of a weapon or warframe before being consumed).

I am no coder, and will not pretend to know how Warframe works specifically. If this is not feasable or would be a programming nightmare please let me know and I would be happy to discuss alternatives to streamline this process, but I feel that if it can be streamlined then there is a definite market that would interest new players and allow them a taste at fashion frame eariler in the game. 

Edited by LeopoldObelix
Additions to Media and Text Changes