Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Europe Region Not Separated?

Morgax

Every single time i try to search for mission this sign welcomes me.

230410_screenshots_2013_07_31_00001.png

My ping limit is 250 which already can be pretty laggy.

Is the european playerbase that small or it's just to cut the costs?

2871392765.png

Edited by Morgax

I set mine to 150, but Im STRONGLY considering going down to 100 again. It sometimes pisses me off that 9/10 games that I actually do manage to join, are laggy because the host has a crappy pc.

I know the hosts arent to blame, its not their fault. I just WISH that we could get a solution to these problems soon.

Can't tell..

but I also play on EU, and get connected to hosts who never in my eyes reach 200 limit I use. Russians (Starchat), Near-Easts and some on their 56k Modem playing.

Also, ping is not equal to connection-strenght. Ping may be great, but a weak connection still. Rather change the ping maximum to something like "stable hosts only", and let WF once check my system to determine how "stable" I can host. 

There are some irrational factors as well. There are four peeps I play with and our connection leaves logic aside at times. There is a girl who plays from a laptop via separated cable and a guy currently sitting in Vietnam - in these cases lag is understandable, but there are two more locals with equally good machines and fast connection (we share the same provider), but one of them gets cut out now and then, while the other can host and I see no difference from playing solo. At the same time there are mighty fine chances to connect to a US or European host and hardly see any lag... Being in the western part of Russia that is. I feel a bit torn between Europe and Asia regions in my network settings - I'm practically in the middle.

Edited by Valentine_Grim