Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bastion - A Frame For Fortification

SwordAxeMace

This frame was a collaborative idea between Scope007 and myself

The idea behind this frame would be buffing allies with defensive buffs that mitagate different effects.

While this frame cannot directly heal it can prevent potential damage such as knockdowns and directional enemy fire
as well as returning energy and modifying ammo clips

Stats:
Health:                 125 (350)
Power:                 100 (150)
Armor :                125
Shield Capacity   125 (350)
Sprint Speed        0.9
Polarities              1x 19px-Barwhite.png, 1x 17px-D.png
Aura Polarity        1x 17px-D.png

Ability ideas:

[Ability 1]: Fortify:
Energy Cost: 25
Description:
  Gives a fellow Tenno a frontal energy shield. Blocks a set amount of damage from a 60° frontal cone.
  Lasts until destroyed
Fusion effect: Each rank increases shield durability
Stats: 125 / 250 / 375 / 500 blocked damage per rank

[Ability 2]: Rebuke:
Energy Cost: 50
Description:
  Gives each party member a buff that blocks a set number of knockdown, disruption or stagger effects and returns an
  amplified version to the attacker
Fusion effect: Each rank inceases number of blocked effects and increases returned effect's damage
Stats: Blocks 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 knockdowns, disruptions or stagger effects
          Returns 25 / 50 / 75 /100 % of the effect's damage
          Lasts 15 seconds

[Ability 3]: Surplus:

Energy Cost: 75

Description:

Gives all squad members (excluding yourself) energy as well as buffing their weapon's magazine(including yours).

On the next reload all magazine capacities are increased and extra ammunition does not consume ammo from

the users ammo pool

Fusion effect: Each rank increases energy given and magazine capacity

Stats: Gives fellow Tenno: 12 / 25 / 37 / 50 energy.

Increases next reload's magazine capacity by 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 %

[Ability 4]: The Gallows

Energy Cost: 100

Description:

Binds all enemies in a frontal cone together withn chains forcing all enemies to move close to one another.

Any damage done to an enemy deals additional damage that is distributed over all chained enemies

Fusion effects: Each rank inceases cone of effect and as well as distributed damage dealt

Stats: Angle of cone 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 ° (radius of 20m)

Distributed damge 10 / 20 / 30 / 40% of original target damage

Theme: I think the theme behind this frame should be based on medieval time knights. Basically something similiar

to an Assassins Creed brute or a Hellgate London Templar:

5fa5370b-219a-45cf-80c8-1dcecd44663b.jpg6d14af61-8f3c-4b3f-bbed-6e69991422f4.jpg

The reason we thought this frame up is because we have a variety of caster frames and mediums but only two "tank" frames. I also thought that this should be a starter frame swapping out Loki, along with Excal and Ember(who should be swapped out for mag or volt or whoever is there now). That way new users have a solid choice of caster, all rounder, and support/tank.

Leave any questions, ideas, critisim(positive if possible) and I'll get back asap

Edited by SwordAxeMace

Just one thing... the name. As Vauban has an ability with same name, it would not fit in and would be very confusing if people we're talking about one or the other. But i like the concept of "knight" warframe.

Good idea, I'm happy to see someone actually putting some thought into suggestions and considering the implications of it. A few things I'd like to point out:

The energy aspect to surplus unfortunately is easily exploited if you have 2 or more of this frame. They can then just pass the energy around without experiencing significant or any energy drop. Combine that with an offensive caster type and you can't be beaten by anything less than a boss.

Rebuke could probably use a buff. I think it'd be better if you dropped the set number thing and instead go for for duration. That'd also make it work better with continuity.

Also, just clarifying, would fortify do anything for the caster? If I were playing solo and it didn't there'd be no benefit to it.

I do disagree with making him and ember a starting frame though. Loki fits well with people who want stealth/creative play, excal for basic offensive, and mag for a caster-type that is balanced. They also aren't THE best options out there and actually make people want to go for new frames.

Just one thing... the name. As Vauban has an ability with same name, it would not fit in and would be very confusing if people we're talking about one or the other. But i like the concept of "knight" warframe.

Bastion =/= Bastille (yes they mean pretty much the same thing but uhh, they're different :D)

The energy aspect to surplus unfortunately is easily exploited if you have 2 or more of this frame. They can then just pass the energy around without experiencing significant or any energy drop. Combine that with an offensive caster type and you can't be beaten by anything less than a boss.

I had not considered the energy exploit really, well that could be solved by a diminishing return timer I guess.

Rebuke could probably use a buff. I think it'd be better if you dropped the set number thing and instead go for for duration. That'd also make it work better with continuity.

I had considered this but being able to continually cast it would give every party member half of Rhino's Iron Skin

Also, just clarifying, would fortify do anything for the caster? If I were playing solo and it didn't there'd be no benefit to it.

I forgot to state that if not cast on an ally it is simply cast on yourself

Ah, Hellgate London was great fun.

Love the 'frame ideas, pretty unique. If anything I think your numbers on the abilities are a bit conservative given the power of some of the frames we've got at the moment. But that's just nit-picking.

The concept is great and I'd love to see 'The Gallows' in action. Fatal Bonds is so much fun in that other game ;)

Ah, Hellgate London was great fun.

Love the 'frame ideas, pretty unique. If anything I think your numbers on the abilities are a bit conservative given the power of some of the frames we've got at the moment. But that's just nit-picking.

The concept is great and I'd love to see 'The Gallows' in action. Fatal Bonds is so much fun in that other game ;)

Well I was trying to find a balance between Bastion's abilities that are similiar to Trinity's energy vampire and rhinos iron skin, I mean Surplus gives out 150 energy and energy vamp gives I think 100, iron skin gives 1200 dmg mitigation and fortify gives 500, but is half the enegy cost

Well I was trying to find a balance between Bastion's abilities that are similiar to Trinity's energy vampire and rhinos iron skin, I mean Surplus gives out 150 energy and energy vamp gives I think 100, iron skin gives 1200 dmg mitigation and fortify gives 500, but is half the enegy cost

Makes sense; good reasoning.