The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanting To Go To Themisto, Which Sentinel To Use?

Lucilius

Question

I really want to get SHADE as I want to have more playing styles. Going evasive tank all the time is getting old. Now if I get a SHADE, I get to do more stealth stuff - change of play-style.

But I also want to get to Themisto in Jupiter. I'm thinking that a WYRM would go along well with my only Warframe, an Excaliber level 30, as the WYRM's Crowd Dispersion is similar to Excaliber's Radial Blind. They have fashionably matching skills, which if it works, will allow me to do away with Radial Blind, freeing up some mod points for some other Warframe mods.

But they say that WYRM's Crowd Dispersion is BUGGED, that it doesn't work...

Does it not work?

For levels that have more diverse types of enemies, like those rolling Grineer machines, Infested Ancients, and those Giant Corpus that throws shielding-flyers, etc...I want those DEAD ASAP. Defense missions SUCK with mobs of those, even with a 4 member team with super skills and weapons.

So, which should I get? WYRM's great. But the only thing that sucks about it is the bug that makes Crowd Dispersion not work. DETHCUBE is a killer, but it kills one enemy at a time.

SHADE I want to have, but might suck at Defense missions.

Which oh which should I get?

PS: If SHADE does well in defense missions, then I would get it. If not, what I googled so far tells me to get DETHCUBE.

12 answers to this question

Shade. It's good for all play styles. The dethcube isn't that great if you try to play against bosses. It won't try to protect you like the shade. For example, if you get pulled by the J-3 Golem, the shade will cloak you so you can have a chance to heal yourself with some health packs if you brought some, while the dethcube makes you have to run off to avoid the poison and pull from the boss.

I got all 3 Sentinels on lvl30 and my favourite is Shade.

I use him without revenge mod (that means he cannot attack - so he doesn't break invisibility when i get a little damage). So if i ever get knocked down i got good chances to survive. Because i play usually without shield/hp/armor mod Shade fits my playstyle best.

Many other players prefer Dethcube.

I got all 3 Sentinels on lvl30 and my favourite is Shade. I use him without revenge mod (that means he cannot attack - so he doesn't break invisibility when i get a little damage). So if i ever get knocked down i got good chances to survive. Because i play usually without shield/hp/armor mod Shade fits my playstyle best. Many other players prefer Dethcube.

But how is SHADE in Defense Missions? Specifically how is SHADE is SOLO DEFENSE missions?

But how is SHADE in Defense Missions? Specifically how is SHADE is SOLO DEFENSE missions?

Uh.... You said for Themisto, which isn't defense missions... You want to fight the J-3 Golem since you said you wanted to go to Themisto....

For defense, shade is good so if you get knocked down, you can get up in peace and then kill the rest with your ablities.

It really is not the capabilities of the sentinel, but rather your comfort level and capability of the frame that you are choosing.

If you are having no issues with the content even without your sentinel, you could choose a more offesnive sentinel (Wyrm & Dethcube).  Dethcube would probably be your preferred choice here.

If you are still struggling with the content, I would recommend using your Shade.

Myself, I have leveled each sentinel to level 30.  Shade is just more convenient and useful for me regardless of the mission type.  I also remove Revenge off my Shade as this reduces the chances that your Shade is initiating combat before you attack and getting it destroyed more frequently when you are being attacked from a blind spot. 

The Shade is not just for more steathly play styles.  When you are cloaked, it just gives you more opportunity to escape damage or get our of the line of fire, which will give you a momentary advantage to take down nearby aggressors, get behind an obstacle, or move on to the next room.

I am so accustomed to my Shade that I the cloaking is just more natural game play for me.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

It really is not the capabilities of the sentinel, but rather your comfort level and capability of the frame that you are choosing.

If you are having no issues with the content even without your sentinel, you could choose a more offesnive sentinel (Wyrm & Dethcube).  Dethcube would probably be your preferred choice here.

If you are still struggling with the content, I would recommend using your Shade.

Myself, I have leveled each sentinel to level 30.  Shade is just more convenient and useful for me regardless of the mission type.  I also remove Revenge off my Shade as this reduces the chances that your Shade is initiating combat before you attack and getting it destroyed more frequently when you are being attacked from a blind spot. 

The Shade is not just for more steathly play styles.  When you are cloaked, it just gives you more opportunity to escape damage or get our of the line of fire, which will give you a momentary advantage to take down nearby aggressors, get behind an obstacle, or move on to the next room.

I am so accustomed to my Shade that I the cloaking is just more natural game play for me.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

I'd highly recommend Shade, the cloak is a lifesaver.

I understand.

But how is SHADE in mob-control?

If you have enemies crowding the thing you need to defend, cloaking won't stop that mob from destroying said thing that needs defending.

I have weak weapons. So I play support for my teammates who are absolute death-machines. But, having said that, we still got our butt-cheeks sushied by a Grineer mob.

(They fell, and I was left alone. Enemies gathered around the Orokin artifact. Tried to clear the enemies away with Radial Javelin. It wasn't enough. Even if I Slash Dashed them until I ran out of energy, I'd still lose because more enemies were pouring in. Having a SHADE at that time would probably save me, but not the artifact)

Now it is quite seldom that I get such powerful teammates, so if I want to get to Themisto, I'd probably be running such defense missions solo...yuck.

And I am actually thinking that a sentinel can help me win against the waves of enemies in defense and mobile-defense missions all by myself???

Shade is great for any other mission. But what about defense missions and Mobile defense missions?

Edited by Lucilius

No sentinel is going to make you able to solo defense missions. Dethcube does decent DPS, and Shade will let you revive anyone without getting hit or interrupted, both of which are helpful. If you want to run defense missions while relatively new to the game and levelling things, you should run in a group.

No sentinel is going to make you able to solo defense missions. Dethcube does decent DPS, and Shade will let you revive anyone without getting hit or interrupted, both of which are helpful. If you want to run defense missions while relatively new to the game and levelling things, you should run in a group.

Wonderful...not always an option since I don't get good teammates often, especially the powerful ones that don't lag.

I noticed you didn't say anything about the Wyrm.

Edited by Lucilius