Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitchtv Reply As To Why We Have To Use Facebook To Chat During Livestreams

0Pinger

I contacted TwitchTV direct about having to login via facebook to chat during a live stream, below is their reply.

The feature was built on request of a third party, and now we have it, so if people request it, we will turn it on. If you dislike it, feel free to contact the people that run the event, because generally only event runners request this feature to be turned on. If they learn their fans dislike it, maybe they will conciser no longer using it!

So DE ball is in your court, facebook is not a option I will ever use and at times I would like to use the chat feature on the livestream.

One of these days companies will realise all the cool kids have long abandoned it and only granmas check their grandkids school play photos on it and weddings.

Then again all the really cool kids never gave up their info for free for others to sell/use/abuse ... if you are one of us, I salute you!

Edited by Invino

Hmmmm well I'm kinda indifferent...just the fact that you're logged in to Twitch and watching/following the Warframe channel means you're included in the plat raffles (confirmed by Rebecca), which is enough for me.

Chat tends to be flooded by nonsensical spam most of the time, and you're leaving it to blind luck if the devs pick a question from chat - signal-to-noise ratio is too high.