The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate limited to 60FPS in certain missions

shreduhsoreus

Yes, I have high refresh rate monitors.

Yes, I have a good enough hardware(6700K @ 4.7GHz and a 1080 TI).

Yes, I have the proper refresh rate selected in game.

Yes, my monitors' displays show that I'm running at a high refresh rate.

Loading screens, ship, everything else runs uncapped, but certain missions drop to 60 with GPU utilization at 50%.

I was just playing last night at a solid 120FPS with ULMB and vsync enabled in NCP, at 7788x1440 with no issues. Today when I selected a mission, as soon as the mission starts my framerate slowly drops until it locks itself at 60. I tried restarting the game and it still happened. And now when I just opened the game again so I could give the specific mission I encountered this in...the game won't even load. Freezes and crashes on login screen. How does the game just break overnight? 

EDIT: restarted PC. Game lets me log in again. Mission still starts dropping towards 60FPS then locks itself there, 55% GPU utilization, CPU much lower. It's Coba on Earth(yeah, I'm still a noob).

EDIT 2: just played 3 other missions. All ran at a solid 120FPS, but that other mission still drops to 60 for no apparent reason. I'll make a note of any other missions that do this.

EDIT 3: the city on Earth is the same way. Plenty of GPU headroom to spare, locks at 60FPS. Is the game coded this way on purpose? Seems pretty silly to me if it is. This game isn't that intense on hardware, I could lock at 165 FPS on 3 1440p monitors in most missions if I wanted to, I just prefer to use ULMB since G-Sync is useless in this game due to high framerates.

Edited by shreduhsoreus