Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Appearance

Zethurus

I think that the Grineer need more varied design. The regular mooks with blue/orange armor are acceptable. However, the heavies look ridiculous. White/red stripe body armor with green legging? Look like someone still wearing pyjama.

The boxhead corpus is tolerable but I think in the future, rectangular helmet should be out of fashion already. I have no problem with the moar though.

The boxhead corpus is tolerable but I think in the future, rectangular helmet should be out of fashion already.

No no no, you see, by then the hipsters (which had briefly risen to the height of power in 2217 but decided it was "too corporate") will have decided that the primitive, lame version of the future that had went out of fashion was now "retro" enough to be unique..and....

Oh god.

The corpus are future hipsters.

MOre varied Grineer armors would be nice. I personally think the Grineer's armor are funny, cute pajama-like. Need more edges and badas look please? Heck, they could even add Grineer Engineers with maybe jumpsuits similar to the Corpus capture guy.

Corpus's 2 legs are....funny too. Would love it if DE could come up with different models for Railgun MOA and the green MOA. The Shockwave MOA looks it part, since the legs do something. More variety in looks would be welcomed. And some elite Corpus Crewmen perhaps, human guards that are heavily armored.

All joking aside..

While I think cosmetic overhauls to the enemies are a low priority in the grand scheme of things, if they wanted to improve how the players react to them, here is my suggestion:

Grineer

They are the dominating force in the Origin system, and they have strength of numbers and force. Make them domineering - they are already bulky. Cleaning up their models a bit to look on par with the quality of the warframes would help that, but also how they fight and how they react to the players. Give them a flashbang or smoke grenade, something aggressive that they can use to storm whatever room you are in. Have them use their numbers to swarm you, having a few heavy enemies laying down suppressive fire while the faster, deadlier ones come at you. It would requir a massive overhaul in the AI. Other options would be to give them more physical abilities. When you turn a corner into a Shield Grineer and he smacks you with that thing and knocks you on your &#! for the first time, you can feel the blow. Have them be able to knock the Tenno around a bit. Maybe a special unit could actually deflect, parry, or - better yet - catch the Tenno's melee weapon. Grab the blade, maybe a brief button-mashing strength contest, and if you lose you go flying across the room. Something that makes them feel that they should be the dominating force.

Corpus

Actually, for making them the technoforce they are on the right track. Security systems, floating support droids, smaller and generally limited shock troopers. They rely on their machines. The Moa, despite their "silly" appearance, actually demonstrate their technology very well. Having realistically moving legs like that is a sign of advanced robotics; just being able to balance on two legs is a big deal. Granted, given the timeline, they have obviously moved way beyond benchmarks like that, but points is, the Moa serves a purpose and is designed accordingly; literally, its a walking gun.

Infected

Mostly AI changes. They already charge - the first time I was in a vent and a pack of Chargers echoed down that tunnel and turned the corner ahead of me, I turned and ran like the $&*^ens. Now they need to be able to sneak, crawl along the walls, leap not just a short distance but from across the room. Having to watch the ceiling because something might land on me and try to eat me - that's creepy.

A highly trained, cryogenically preserved Space Ninja is going to be taken down by a robotic janitor?

No thanks. Additional security robots, perhaps. Keep the dishwashers in the kitchen.

And the response to anything here feels incomplete/bland/broken..

"Beta is beta"

Corpus needs more different kinds of robots, guns on legs seems inadequate to.. maintain their huge ships. Probably more utlility droids? Lots of arms or even humanoid ones, bots that do maintenance and what not. At the moment, the corpus just feels.. bland.

Metal Gear Rex would like to have a word with you.

Proceed to Alaska, at once.