The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Keep Raid Missions In The Game (With A Poll!)

Letter13

He's not attempting to make a good argument, he's mocking the people claiming they know better for a fact because reasons. And I saw several people say DE is wrong and give no proof other than they like raid and they disagree.

DE has the numbers to back up their decision, random people on the internet do not so adamantly claiming DE is flat out wrong is just asinine.

Do they have the numbers? Steve has lied about stuff before, I'd like to see the actual numbers instead of being told they're such and such.

Yeah. That's the straw that broke the camels back.

They refuse to do anything to enrich the game experience, only add faux layers of complexity. All we've ever seen from the design team are more shields, more damage.

They want to force you into 15-20 minutes per mission. They want to stretch everything they have out, as far as they can. And even these incremental updates are moving at a glacial pace as it is.

"Glacial pace" he says.

Have you seen the update frequency? I wish other games updated so often.

Do they have the numbers? Steve has lied about stuff before, I'd like to see the actual numbers instead of being told they're such and such.

If you're going to distrust his words then what's stopping him from just make up statistics from whole cloth?

I'd take you more seriously if you had argued instead of CAPS LOCK YO.

Go ahead and ignore the rest of my posts, Mr. Conveniently Tunneled Vision.

Edited by Kyte

They do S#&$ like this to remove resource drop rate.

Ever notice how there are Corpus Crewman suits inbetween the lockers? It's to make less resource dropping lockers spawn.

Little things like that and this make the game turn into more of a grind..

They do S#&$ like this to remove resource drop rate.

Ever notice how there are Corpus Crewman suits inbetween the lockers? It's to make less resource dropping lockers spawn.

Little things like that and this make the game turn into more of a grind..

Those lockers had never dropped anything in first place. They were props.

So they replaced'em with something that wouldn't create false expectations.

"Glacial pace" he says.

Have you seen the update frequency? I wish other games updated so often.

And how much has changed given the frequency of updates? How many updates also contained fixes, in response to things that were far, far too hastily implemented? That's why most games DONT have so MANY updates. They go through a lot of internal testing..so when they're released, they work.

Update 7 was the last fundamental change this game saw.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

And how much has changed given the frequency of updates? How many updates also contained fixes, in response to things that were far, far too hastily implemented?

Update 7 was the last fundamental change this game saw.

TOP LEL

I'll ignore you now.

If you're going to distrust his words then what's stopping him from just make up statistics from whole cloth?

It's not just that people distrust his words. He's been caught lying before. That makes your word with the community trash instantly. It seems rude to say it but it's true. That's trust you gotta build back up. That's not an easy road to take.

Go ahead and ignore my previous answer to you and the fact that you never really answered someone that asked to see the numbers before your nice little post up there.

They have actual numbers, you have personal observation. Guess which is right?

...you would think, if it is really the least played mode, ANYBODY, SOMEBODY on this forum would be speaking up about how they hate raid and like rescue better. I do not recall, in my months of playing this game, anyone EVER liking rescue. Why would people do it if they hate it? I'm betting, like someone said before, that they're not counting solo games. Sure, everyone goes online to do damn rescues, because they're so absurdly difficult solo when the hostage would rather die than live.

Edit: seeing as there is someone hardly literate above saying to remove raid and make rescue even more of an AI nightmare, I'm assuming he's trolling, but his lack of literacy makes me wonder.

Edited by Nubsawce

I'm guessing most of you enjoy quick mission types? These are my most played maps.

Defense

Mobile Defense

Everything Else

I get the entirety of my resources, mods, and affinity in Defense missions. Also, raid is more or less a clone of sabotage/capture. Why not add new content instead of keeping the same old generic stuff?

I don't see how they wouldn't have the numbers. They already have tons and tons of stat tracking and I can't imagine they DON'T have tracking for missions as that is where the major gameplay takes place.

Whether their conclusion from those numbers is accurate is an entirely different matter. Why is raid the least played mode? Is it because people don't like it? Is it because there aren't enough raid missions? Is it because people just play through a planet once then move on or go back only for defense/mobile defense? These kinds of questions matter and they were not addressed. I trust that they know what they're doing and have thought about this enough to make an informed decision. Maybe they will elaborate on it a bit more but until then accusing them of simply lying is a bit ridiculous. I don't see DE as a malicious and sinister company that would bend facts to suit their wants/desires.